Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8

https://bangshift.com/general-news/b...comment-175679

okay, enough with the BS. Mary Barra said that the price of the new C8 will be the same price points as the outgoing model. That means that the entry level C8, mid-engined, V8 sports car will be at around 55k. and you can be certain there will be price points double or triple that with options.... yet still, this is a big deal

oh yeah, and it will take out the eurotrash and the v6 Ford offering.

and best of all

Camaro will get uncorked. Something to consider. The fastest C7 runs Willow Springs at 1.20 and change. the 2016 Camaro SS 1LE did the track 2/10ths slower. If you believe that the new Camaro, that weighs less, has more advanced suspension, and more hp really does 1.26.... I've some ocean front property for sale for you in Florida.

and the big deal, even for the haters is your flavor will need to compete.... an amazing time to be alive.
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 14, 2019, 04:21 PM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

While I will never own one , I've been waiting for this since 1980 . And with spy shoots of the next and my current platform were just around the corner and it was a game changer this will be fun to watch what happens to all exotic supercar values after these are on the streets for a couple years .While I don't think they will be as expensive as most experts think , I think your 20 grand low . Which really doesn't diminish the excitement of this historical time .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

When is the last time Ford competed with Chevy in the two seat sports car? 1957? I would like to to own. Corvette some day and it wish Ford would build a Vette killer (including price) but I don't see either happening any time soon.
      Last edited by Russell; April 14, 2019, 08:26 PM.
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

If I was in any better physical shape I might sell the house and get one of those, at the cost of a well-deserved divorce. All to see if I could actually pass a Mustang on a race track. I've seen Corvettes from both ends - the nose in the rear view mirror and then the ass end in the windshield, for a few seconds anyhow.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
          While I will never own one , I've been waiting for this since 1980 . And with spy shoots of the next and my current platform were just around the corner and it was a game changer this will be fun to watch what happens to all exotic supercar values after these are on the streets for a couple years .While I don't think they will be as expensive as most experts think , I think your 20 grand low . Which really doesn't diminish the excitement of this historical time .
          why you doubt me, I dunno.... but how about Car and Driver

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
            When is the last time Ford competed with Chevy in the two seat sports car? 1957? I would like to to own. Corvette some day and it wish Ford would build a Vette killer (including price) but I don't see either happening any time soon.
            as much as I loathe the new GT 40, it is a 2 seat, mid engine sports car.... just a little light in the britches.... maybe for will fix it's 6 cyl problem - though, of course, that would require building a motor that mimics the LS... there are some who come around who might deploy a nuke if such a thing were to happen.....
            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 14, 2019, 09:05 PM.

Comment

the c8.. did they find a way to keep the rear window from popping out

I am sure they did. For its decent price, can't wait to see what it does.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Donovan View Post
                the c8.. did they find a way to keep the rear window from popping out

I am sure they did. For its decent price, can't wait to see what it does.
                I can only imagine the anguish in Italy (and in their German master's boardrooms) these days....

Comment

C&D didn't quote the CEO. They said "We hear" +$5K.
                  My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

I remember that the fifth gen Camaro wasn't anywhere as cheap as the forth and it seems there has been a pretty good jump in price in each generation since the fourth on the vette .
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                      .. and best of all .. Camaro will get uncorked .. weighs less, has more advanced suspension, and more hp .... an amazing time to be alive.
                      Chevrolet tried to maintain a performance separation, but now the Camaro is a Corvette with a different body.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

Chevrolet tried to maintain a performance separation, but now the Camaro is a Corvette with a different body.
                        all about weight distribution, putting the motor over the tires does amazing things.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                          C&D didn't quote the CEO. They said "We hear" +$5K.
                          Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                          I remember that the fifth gen Camaro wasn't anywhere as cheap as the forth and it seems there has been a pretty good jump in price in each generation since the fourth on the vette .
                          *sigh* people these days.... I provided support (and there are others) for my post. Neither of you are in the automobile industry or tasked with going to Detroit to ask questions.... so where's the support for your assertion?

As an aside, according to Autotrader, a 2015 Camaro SS was $33,505, and a 2016 Camaro SS was $36,300.... or 10%.... hardly a huge price jump for a new model...

Comment

I don't know why these folks are dickering with you about the price....they aren't going to buy one, anyways. If you buy one, you'll know what the price is.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

For the sake of discussion, WHY? Why would Chevy NOT gladly accept the $100K per unit that is THERE for the taking? There hasn't been any "rumors and leaks" about markedly increased production volume. Chevy dealers aren't suffering. IF the C8 bows at $65K the DEALERS will be the winners and consumers will NEVER see one at anywhere near that price. At this stage the only thing GM wants to do is generate buzz around a new car. Enjoying your buzz?
                              My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Working...
                              X