No announcement yet.

C8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously , I can't tell if your joking or not . So I can't tell if your ticked or not . We are agreeing on almost everything , only what it actually sells for . Your saying basically what the old one sold for the new one sells for . I say it will be $30,000 more at least and if you no longer can afford it , you'll buy the baddest Camaro they have . I said in the first half sentence of my first post I'll never buy one . I'm here for a discussion not a argument I'd much rather talk about how great it will be .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
      For the sake of discussion, WHY? Why would Chevy NOT gladly accept the $100K per unit that is THERE for the taking? There hasn't been any "rumors and leaks" about markedly increased production volume. Chevy dealers aren't suffering. IF the C8 bows at $65K the DEALERS will be the winners and consumers will NEVER see one at anywhere near that price. At this stage the only thing GM wants to do is generate buzz around a new car. Enjoying your buzz?
      I think there would be a huge blowback if that were to happen. Corvette has always been the scrappy underdog that fights above its weight in the world stage. In a sense it's if you buy a Ferrari you tell the world "look at me," where if you buy a Corvette you tell the world "to get the unicorn out of your way." Where Mother Mopar and Ford both built halo cars that were, by definition unobtainium, Corvette has always been about making performance affordable (relatively speaking).

Or another way, Mags complain about the cheaper interiors in the Corvette but their buyers say "so what?" on the other hand, if there is complaint about the fit or finish of a Ferrari (or any exotic for that matter), the car suffers a true decline in sales....

And further down that rabbit hole, it's humorous to me to see people spend multiples of a new Corvette on their old car hoping that they can get most of the performance as a new Corvette.... humorous because those same people hate on them only because they're better.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
        Seriously , I can't tell if your joking or not . So I can't tell if your ticked or not . We are agreeing on almost everything , only what it actually sells for . Your saying basically what the old one sold for the new one sells for . I say it will be $30,000 more at least and if you no longer can afford it , you'll buy the baddest Camaro they have . I said in the first half sentence of my first post I'll never buy one . I'm here for a discussion not a argument I'd much rather talk about how great it will be .
        trust me, if I don't like you or the discussion - I'll let you know with the words "I don't like you".... no guessing necessary

my point remains the same, affordable shouldn't be in a discussion unless there's a lower-priced-alternative available. Some people spend money on having kids, talk about rotten ROI.... at least with a Corvette, it'll go down, but then later you can retired on its proceeds

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

it's humorous to me to see people spend multiples of a new Corvette on their old car hoping that they can get most of the performance as a new Corvette.... humorous because those same people hate on them only because they're better.
          I'm guilty as charged. 100% plead guilty. At the mercy of the court.

The sign at the entrance to the AMP race track in Dawsonville says something like....I'll paraphrase it....something like, "Why have a fast car if you never drive it fast?" Those new cars are fast, ridiculously fast. But how do you know if you don't take it out and pound the hound out of it? I'll bet 97% of the folks who buy "sports cars" just tool around in them, never experiencing what they'll actually do in a controlled, slightly "safer" environment.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Rode in a couple Vettes. Rode very nice..
            Drove one. Was pretty cool.. Nice driving car..
            My ability to get in/out is not very good, thus... I'll never own one.
            I can dream, might buy one for a bit.. If my hip and knee problems get fixed.
            Can I justify? No. Can I dream, Yes..
            Never rode/drove one in FUN..

Does Vette deserve being badmouthed? NO!
            I think, honestly, the Vette can be a little better in "options". As in fewer to save weight and make it a little more brutal.

Comment

I think there would be a huge blowback if that were to happen. Corvette has always been the scrappy underdog that fights above its weight in the world stage. In a sense it's if you buy a Ferrari you tell the world "look at me," where if you buy a Corvette you tell the world "to get the unicorn out of your way." Where Mother Mopar and Ford both built halo cars that were, by definition unobtainium, Corvette has always been about making performance affordable (relatively speaking).

Or another way, Mags complain about the cheaper interiors in the Corvette but their buyers say "so what?" on the other hand, if there is complaint about the fit or finish of a Ferrari (or any exotic for that matter), the car suffers a true decline in sales....

And further down that rabbit hole, it's humorous to me to see people spend multiples of a new Corvette on their old car hoping that they can get most of the performance as a new Corvette.... humorous because those same people hate on them only because they're better.
              GM isn't concerned about blowback. Why would they stand by the awkward styling cues they initiated with the C7? If nothing else the door is WIDE open for a retro C9. Just get the damn taillights right. The real question is where will styling go on the Camaro? After they uglied it up in a feeble attempt to make it more "mainstream" what's next? At least now we know America doesn't want their sporty cars to resemble SUVs, even if they LOVE them a good bulky SUV.
              My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                Rode in a couple Vettes. Rode very nice..
                Drove one. Was pretty cool.. Nice driving car..
                My ability to get in/out is not very good, thus... I'll never own one.
                I can dream, might buy one for a bit.. If my hip and knee problems get fixed.
                Can I justify? No. Can I dream, Yes..
                Never rode/drove one in FUN..

Does Vette deserve being badmouthed? NO!
                I think, honestly, the Vette can be a little better in "options". As in fewer to save weight and make it a little more brutal.
                Detroit seems to thrive on badmouthing, particularly Corvettes. Badmouthing Detroit is a very popular American Pastime.

Obtuse thought..... Are they doing SUV derbies yet? You just KNOW sooner or later they will HAVE to. More rollovers will only spice up the game....

Comment

Detroit seems to thrive on badmouthing, particularly Corvettes. Badmouthing Detroit is a very popular American Pastime.

Obtuse thought..... Are they doing SUV derbies yet? You just KNOW sooner or later they will HAVE to. More rollovers will only spice up the game....
                  There ARE pickup, SUV derbies. They hurt more. Less give on impacts. Most are basic chain n go.

Comment

I think it looks dumb.
                    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Absolutely. It cracks me up to no end to see what people spend on old muscle cars to try to keep up with a vette . Now I didn't say they were foolish . If that's what they want to do with there money I'm happy that they are spending there money on American parts . What really kills me is most are still running a solid rear axle . This C8 is going to be wicked . At least in the handling dept . I think the base should have 500 horses and just go crazy from there .
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
                        I think it looks dumb.
                        I think you're dumb

Comment

GM isn't concerned about blowback. Why would they stand by the awkward styling cues they initiated with the C7? If nothing else the door is WIDE open for a retro C9. Just get the damn taillights right. The real question is where will styling go on the Camaro? After they uglied it up in a feeble attempt to make it more "mainstream" what's next? At least now we know America doesn't want their sporty cars to resemble SUVs, even if they LOVE them a good bulky SUV.
                          I like that GM doesn't retro it like they did the Camaro, all those shapes and spaces are for the purpose of making the car faster.... unlike the Camaro which should have come with a periscope

Comment

I think you're dumb
                            I think I don't care.
                            Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                            1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                            1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                            1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                            1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                            1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post

I think I don't care.
                              as you know I love Fords, heck, I have their hubcaps on my trailer. After all, with how good other Fords have been towed, I wanted that same ability in a trailer. And it works, tows great

Comment

I like that GM doesn't retro it like they did the Camaro, all those shapes and spaces are for the purpose of making the car faster.... unlike the Camaro which should have come with a periscope
                                The angular taillights generate downforce and thrust?? The rest of the C7 looks FINE, actually excellent.
                                Last edited by RockJustRock; April 15, 2019, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X