Et Tu Trucks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Et Tu Trucks?

The Camaro in third was one thing, but THIS?

My hobby is needing a hobby.

18,000 rebate.... yeah, that's sustainable. Worst of all is the people really get screwed are the ones that want to trade in their Ram trucks. 1/2 down and still underwater on value.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Sales is a poor measurement ... I'll wait for the Profit Statement, that's the real deal there.

Comment

However it might have been done, Chrysler beating GM on pickup trucks sales in any way-shape-manner would have once been unthinkable.

Was it only a couple of months ago that everybody was bagging on how ugly the new Chevys were and the smug GM response was that those people complaining were not going to buy a new truck anyway and the style was already proven by it having been voted for by their focus groups?

Perhaps the people who voted "yes" and were actually in the market for a $$$new truck$$$ still care about what the neighbors are saying...was there a box to check for that?

Anyhow the explanation being given by GM for the Ram success sounds like it's coming from someone who indeed has some explaining to do.

Last edited by Loren; April 19, 2019, 07:20 AM.

Comment

meh, GMC looks awesome thus all Chevrolet did was move people into more expensive trucks

Comment

I was expecting this statistic to show up.
            I am in maine, trucks are casually serious.
            life and death serious.

the only model of truck I see more than the gmt400 is the new dodges.
            gm lost something.. not sure what it is.
            I have seen complaints on the 6l80, 4l80, 4l60

the dodge transmission is trusted, and the live axle.. and manual trans option.

I may be headed there next... finding the good old dodges.

edit:
            i think the article hinted at the reason...

dodge is simply using competitve products..as "usual"
            I bet their frame is 10 times stronger in the 1500 as well.
            they don't need to change

gm 1500 is different .. i am guessing framing.

not sure why any of them veered off c-rail...but I am getting old.
            Last edited by Barry Donovan; April 19, 2019, 11:13 AM.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
              However it might have been done, Chrysler beating GM on pickup trucks sales in any way-shape-manner would have once been unthinkable.

Was it only a couple of months ago that everybody was bagging on how ugly the new Chevys were and the smug GM response was that those people complaining were not going to buy a new truck anyway and the style was already proven by it having been voted for by their focus groups?

Perhaps the people who voted "yes" and were actually in the market for a $$$new truck$$$ still care about what the neighbors are saying...was there a box to check for that?

Anyhow the explanation being given by GM for the Ram success sounds like it's coming from someone who indeed has some explaining to do.

only if it happens twice. I had the displeasure of driving a Dodge truck when my wife's useless Jeep was in the shop.... large and slow. I'm not even sure I'd give them a second look even if their price point was 20k less.

Comment

Mine's big but 'tain't slow. It IS a Diesel and it takes a second for the turbo to spool but then it'll get your attention. And it hauls like a Kenworth. LOVE my ol' Dodge.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                X