A rant - this is a public service announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A rant - this is a public service announcement

FOR THE LOVE ALL THAT IS HOLY STOP BLOCKING WINDOW CHANNELS WITH ADHESIVE WHEN YOU HAVE A LEAK... damn fools, GM designed the windshield system to allow the water to run under the molding then away from the car. The molding keeps water from being driven into the windshield frame. It then runs past the frame and between the door frame and fender.

My Corvette had a leak, and they plumb filled up the channels with window adhesive.... the leak is in the valley (below the window) .... just remember this, if I see you, Bubba, doing this I pray for your eternal soul to be damned to a hell where you do nothing but try to weld up pinholes, naked, and over your head. Prayer works, so you are now on notice there is an 11th commandment.

Yeah, my rant.... I'm so tired of this - I don't care what car, if it has rusty floorboard Bubba was there with his sealant gun filling the heck out of those channels. When he really got on it, the top of the windshield rusts because water gets driven up under the trim and then is completely trapped above. GM didn't paint the top because no one (in their opinion) was so blindingly stupid that they'd block that area from draining.... yeah, lowest common denominator won again.
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 18, 2019, 08:40 PM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966
Working...
X