Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new to me, but not "brand new"...brand used?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

I'm close weigh wise.... I NEVER wear shorts, cut offs, and stuff like that because I do not wanna scare little kids...
    I'd end up with an obscenity charge.... but when there's nothing there to cover up.... heck, I have to be careful wearing long pants.

Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; May 2, 2019, 12:22 PM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

my nickname was "starkist" in high school...somethin bout a tuna can, IDK.....

Comment

Anyhow ... since the previous owner had a 3" body lift with a 10" suspension lift, I'm betting he had the adjustments all on the longest settings possible. If you could adjust the suspension down to 8" that would be about a perfect ride height with improved travel.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
          Anyhow ... since the previous owner had a 3" body lift with a 10" suspension lift, I'm betting he had the adjustments all on the longest settings possible. If you could adjust the suspension down to 8" that would be about a perfect ride height with improved travel.
          4 corner leafsprings/straight axles. short of removing leafs (and thats never exact, could be 1", or 2", or 3"....)
          or changing the leaf spring completely, there are no adjustments. heck, the only thing you can align is toe, theres
          no provision for caster/camber ( except for putting shims under leaf pack for caster maybe...)

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
            my nickname was "starkist" in high school...somethin bout a tuna can, IDK.....
            I could go on, but I think we're not making the mod uncomfortable.... while I have no doubt of the nicknames, I question the depth of the field and the breadth of their knowledge.... in some places midgets are the giants.... just sayin' I've now insulted all of Hawaii.

Comment

4 corner leafsprings/straight axles, there are no adjustments.
              Oh well, what's the term for someone right below "Brodozer" then ?

Comment

Oh well, what's the term for someone right below "Brodozer" then ?
                "porkdozer"? i AM 350+ pounds.......

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                  I could go on, but I think we're not making the mod uncomfortable.... while I have no doubt of the nicknames, I question the depth of the field and the breadth of their knowledge.... in some places midgets are the giants.... just sayin' I've now insulted all of Hawaii.
                  HEY !!! i resemble that remark......... my 8yr old niece just showed me a picture of
                  an albino gorilla and said it looked like me, and that she was officially nicknaming me
                  "HONKY KONG"....... d@mn kid. gotta love em.

Comment

"porkdozer"? i AM 350+ pounds.......
                    SOLD ... you are now officially riding in a PorkDozer !

Comment

I'm starting to think the real reason you lowered your Blazer had nothing to do with lift-height laws but more the law of gravity.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                        I'm starting to think the real reason you lowered your Blazer had nothing to do with lift-height laws but more the law of gravity.
                        actually, gravity is the reason for the double steps...dont worry, theres still
                        18"+ clearance under that second step-unless im wheeling over rocks the size
                        of igloo coolers i'll be fine.. and remember the wife is only 4'11" & 15/16,
                        so she has a hard time getting into it.... my fat @ss is tall enough to climb in
                        without any step--but it aint pretty........ theres a bit of grunting and sweating
                        involved.

Click image for larger version

Name:	myk5-1.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	1241958
                        Last edited by fatguyzinc; May 3, 2019, 04:50 PM.

Comment

actually, gravity is the reason for the double steps...dont worry, theres still
                          18"+ clearance under that second step-unless im wheeling over rocks the size
                          of igloo coolers i'll be fine.. and remember the wife is only 4'11" & 15/16,
                          so she has a hard time getting into it.... my fat @ss is tall enough to climb in
                          without any step--but it aint pretty........ theres a bit of grunting and sweating
                          involved.

Click image for larger version

Name:	myk5-1.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	1241958
                          all those words and not a denial among them.

Comment

SOLD ... you are now officially riding in a PorkDozer !
                            dangit, the dmv's vanity plate website wouldnt let me get
                            "PRK-DZR", said it was 'deemed as offensive'? did they think the
                            "PRK" was short for pr@ck? or is it a P.C. thing cause a certain
                            religious sect dont eat pork?

oh well. also tried and rejected for various reasons (including already taken
                            for some...) were---
                            SO-RAD
                            RAD-SUV
                            OLD-SUV
                            RAD K5
                            K5-BLZR
                            1982 K5
                            FATBOY
                            FATGUY
                            FATFCK
                            FATFKR
                            FT-BSTD
                            etc etc etc....oh well, ill figure something out.

Comment

"all those words and not a denial among them."

uumm.......why deny the obvious? hah hah.
                              Last edited by fatguyzinc; May 5, 2019, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Fgzryd ???
                                Patrick & Tammy
                                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                                X