Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new to me, but not "brand new"...brand used?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
    I don't think I've ever made a negative comment about another member here.
    well, at least you got that going for you then......

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

Here you go ...

​​​​​​​http://www.patooyee.com/calculators/calculators.htm

thank you, sir--unfortunately after i downloaded it i got the
      "you are trying to use office but dont have it" message....
      grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.............................

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

well, at least you got that going for you then......
        All that and computer skills too. If you are on a PC or a Mac...

Join the OpenOffice revolution, the free office productivity suite with over 375 million trusted downloads.

My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

All that and computer skills too. If you are on a PC or a Mac...

Join the OpenOffice revolution, the free office productivity suite with over 375 million trusted downloads.

just cant help it, can you? i never claimed to have computer skills, in fact
          i have repeatedly stressed the "dinosaur" factor that is me in many threads.
          it did ask me if i wanted to download the program to use, i decided NOT to.

and i am definately a hands on, get dirty, make it yourself old school guy.
          whether its making models, modding hotwheels with the kids, fabing parts,
          welding, assembling bare block up motors, rebuilding transmissions, installing
          gears, whatever--i do it all in my garage. im not just running my mouth on
          a chatboard...............

AGAIN, if you dont have anything worthwhile to contribute..............................

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

AGAIN, if you dont have anything worthwhile to contribute..............................
            do you need a lollipop? geez....

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

do you need a lollipop? geez....
              maybe...what flavors you got? never mind, i'll take em ALL..........

Comment

Looking at the video again.... Is it normal for the bumper to jiggle around in relation to the grille? Frame flex? Wobbly body mounts? But still by the way it reacts OFF the gas I still think it is just worn out shocks on that one.

Comment

Looking at the video again.... Is it normal for the bumper to jiggle around in relation to the grille? Frame flex? Wobbly body mounts? But still by the way it reacts OFF the gas I still think it is just worn out shocks on that one.
                  yes--now thats what im talking about. i had not noticed that, went back to watch
                  again and youre right there does seem to be a lot of wiggling between front valance
                  and bumper... i "assume" there will be some movement, as the body bushings are
                  rubber and can deform--but that DID look like kind of alot of movement. maybe
                  he used a longer than normal bolt with a body lift and has a spring under the head
                  for flex? i dont know. it does seem a bit excessive.

Comment

I'd start with the relationship between the radiator support and the frame when the body lift was done, if there was one. Is the radiator support separated from the bodywork to maintain the relationships in the cooling system? Again, he went with the big flares so maybe there wasn't a body lift.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                      I'd start with the relationship between the radiator support and the frame when the body lift was done, if there was one. Is the radiator support separated from the bodywork to maintain the relationships in the cooling system? Again, he went with the big flares so maybe there wasn't a body lift.

cant speak for the red one, but on mine the core support has 2 body mounts to frame and bolts to front fenders.
                      the next set of body mounts are just in front of the front seats. i did make sure to use new rubber mounts when
                      i removed my body lift and ordered a stock length bolt kit from offroad design.

Comment

• Blazers in that era had huge-section C frame rails, bigger than Wagoneers or Scouts etc., but like most trucks at the time almost zero torsional stiffness in the frame which was intended to flex over uneven terrain rather than fight it. However the body on top of that frame, being made in essentially box sections, didn't have that flex so something had to handle the difference and it was in mushy body mounts especially at the radiator support. That's what you see in that video, the bumper being attached to the frame and the valance to the body, and within limits it's normal.

The "new" ones after '90 or so had, if 4x4, a bunch more crossmember and structure up front and didn't twist so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loren View Post
                          Blazers in that era had huge-section C frame rails, bigger than Wagoneers or Scouts etc., but like most trucks at the time almost zero torsional stiffness in the frame which was intended to flex over uneven terrain rather than fight it. However the body on top of that frame, being made in essentially box sections, didn't have that flex so something had to handle the difference and it was in mushy body mounts especially at the radiator support. That's what you see in that video, the bumper being attached to the frame and the valance to the body, and within limits it's normal.

The "new" ones after '90 or so had, if 4x4, a bunch more crossmember and structure up front and didn't twist so much.

ive looked at the frame many times and im thinking a few extra welded in x-members couldnt hurt...
                          gotta go look in the scrap pile and see what kinda box tubing or plate i have. im guessing i should
                          concentrate on the steering box mounting area/forward of firewall as well as rear shock mounts (i have
                          seen a few horror story cracked frames in these areas--although the trucks in question were wheeled
                          pretty dang hard every weekend, 1-2ft lavarock staircases 2 miles down to the beach and back up....)

Comment

• When the aftermarket thinks the same as you, that is usually some good thinking. Considering he already did the axles and drivetrain it wouldn't surprise me if the other owner beat you to it though. Usually if they make it a guy like that takes it.

https://www.roughcountry.com/frame-s...IaAhTIEALw_wcB

Click image for larger version

Name:	frame-support-brackets_5040-base.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	1243329
                            Last edited by RockJustRock; May 17, 2019, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
                              the trucks in question were wheeled pretty dang hard every weekend, 1-2ft lavarock staircases 2 miles down to the beach and back up....)
                              ... got any pics ?

Comment

• hmmmm--weird double post....
                                Last edited by fatguyzinc; May 17, 2019, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X