• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling cute, maybe comment on this thread, IDK
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
      I'm with Teddy - are there "unoriginal miles"? I should put that in my next car ad.

We get TV newscasters and weather folks who are fresh out of college - sort of a first job. Most last a year (I'm guessing they sign a 1 year contract) and either move on to a bigger market or leave the profession. Lately the weather kids have taken to saying "as well" about every other phrase they mutter - drives me nuts. So we get reports such as, "It'll be warm today and cool tonight as well." Notice that the "as well" makes no sense and simply isn't needed. I'm wondering if journalism schools are teaching them to say that instead of "Um...."?

And "no problem" remains a problem.......

Dan
      There's a local weather-woman that over-uses the phrase "right now". The chief meteorologist at that station speaks in three word phrases as if he doesn't know what the forecast is and he has to read it from a teleprompter.

I too have asked if there are unoriginal miles and if so where do they come from.
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post

There's a local weather-woman that over-uses the phrase "right now". The chief meteorologist at that station speaks in three word phrases as if he doesn't know what the forecast is and he has to read it from a teleprompter.

I too have asked if there are unoriginal miles and if so where do they come from.
        It reminds me, one of the male characters on the Weather Channel uses, "Okay?' about 5 times per minute. He's obviously a pro and he knows all too well what he's guessing about, but "Okay?" is like a tic. "We've got this cold front coming through this afternoon, okay? And that will cause the atmosphere in this area to become unstable, okay?"

I worked with a guy who did that in front of an audience every bit as often. In that context, "Okay?" infers that the presenter is asking everyone's permission if that was an okay thing to say. I reckon that's better and less distracting than an equal number of, "Ummmmm's."
        Last edited by pdub; April 23, 2019, 09:17 AM.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Whatever.…..

And I'm like, "that's cool"
          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post

Maybe I'm advertising my resto-mods incorrectly? after all, if it's 2k since ground up restoration, it's not original miles.... I better research this issue... oh wait, I don't have any more microgiveashits.... whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddyzee View Post
              "Original miles".
              Yeah , original miles would be zero . And that would be super chill ......

Last edited by Dan Barlow; April 23, 2019, 01:11 PM.
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Back in the day, original miles could be erased by placing the speedometer cable in a reversed drill and letting it run for awhile. Miles added to the vehicle legitimately after that would not be 'original' miles until the odometer returned to where it was before the 'procedure' was applied...........
                Last edited by oletrux4evr; April 23, 2019, 04:41 PM.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Teddyzee View Post
                  "Original miles".
                  i always thought "original miles" meant under 100k in a car that the
                  odometer only went to 99,999--- vs having rolled over and going to
                  99,999 for a second or third time..........

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

i always thought "original miles" meant under 100k in a car that the
                    odometer only went to 99,999--- vs having rolled over and going to
                    99,999 for a second or third time..........
                    77 flatbed, 3 motors. Was just over 100,000 when I got it. Saw it 00,000 3 times during my ownership, still racking them up..
                    Original?

Comment

I thought original miles was when the drive train has not been rebuilt or replaced.
                      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                      ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                        Feeling cute, maybe comment on this thread, IDK
                        I saw "feeling cute" in maybe three memes and by the third one it was tired. Where did it come from anyway? TV show?

Comment

Maybe some favorite ones. I like "..... and then some A-Hole complained".

Comment

Exactly

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post

I saw "feeling cute" in maybe three memes and by the third one it was tired. Where did it come from anyway? TV show?
                              no one knows, I sought out the term because after the 4th time I felt the need to murder someone.

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
                                I always thought "original miles" meant under 100k in a car that the odometer only went to 99,999---
                                vs having rolled over and going to 99,999 for a second or third time..........
                                Me too.

Comment

Working...
                                X