The BangShift Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The BangShift Network

Those of us who have met one another in person, we know who we are and we know who we've met. But the computer alone is a great connection. That, and the phone if you want to take that extra step. The phone is "in person," but you're not in the same room together. But it does add another dimension to the relationship.

I'm gonna say, RockJustRock just rocks, he does. He knows some shit, stuff I'm interested in. I've mined him for some information more than once, and he's paid back. It's just amazing, I'm in Tennessee and he's in California. ....How small the whole world has become, but it's great.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Some of my best friends are on here.. Never met.. Some day..

Comment

Many years ago (early 90's) I was on a forum called Mopar Alley. It was one of the first really good Mopar forums with members from literally all over the world.

Suddenly, the geographic barrier of information exchange (and even friendship) was gone. It was almost unbelievable to me at the time that I could converse and get car advice from people that lived in Florida, California, Vermont, Germany, or Australia.

Thru BS and other forums I have become friends with a wide variety of people that I don't get to see often, but interact online with almost daily. Living in Amarillo on I-40 has afforded me the opportunity to see some of them as they travel through town. It's pretty neat to think your circle of influence and friendship can extend far far beyond those in your immediate geographic region. Kinda makes you feel a little more significant, like the imprint you ultimately leave behind is immensely greater than it would have been otherwise.

So, thanks BS'ers, you may not know it, but you guys really brighten my days and I am proud to be counted among your ranks. You dudes are the best.

As a side note: Kids these days will never have any idea how difficult gaining knowledge on niche subjects used to be. We live in an amazing era.
      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post

As a side note: Kids these days will never have any idea how difficult gaining knowledge on niche subjects used to be. We live in an amazing era.
        How true...

Comment

The phone voice thing is weird. One time I started at a business of about 30 people with no receptionist. The boss had whoever was closest to a phone pick up and route calls. When I picked them up they always asked "Who's THAT new guy?". All I did was take the seconds to greet them with a Good Morning or Afternoon. I got the rep of being the branch snake charmer. Another branch topped us when they hired a Scottish Lass. No customer could stay pissed at her.

The online stuff I've been doing since the '80s and '90s and the topic of the message base or chat room was "Somebody else actually ENJOYS this?". Now I just attribute it to people having a specialized interest AND computer literacy. Like mindedness is second nature from that point on.
          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

I'll just restate..... BS has been an amazing thing. When we relocated to TN we didn't know a soul when we landed here. But now we have friends all over the southeast we've actually met and partied hardy with. And far more friends than that all over the map. That's just astounding. I'm forever grateful for it, it's been truly great.

Comment

We've got neighbors on both sides of our house that don't even want to talk to us. Well, screw them. If they don't want to be friends, that's their problem. We've got the Superman clan across the street, and that relationship had to develop and it sure did. But here on BS....it's been so easy to interact. And meet up somewhere and be real friends.

Comment

We have similar neighbors... to the point where a survey will be forthcoming followed by better fencing ....
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
                  Many years ago (early 90's) I was on a forum called Mopar Alley. It was one of the first really good Mopar forums with members from literally all over the world.

Suddenly, the geographic barrier of information exchange (and even friendship) was gone. It was almost unbelievable to me at the time that I could converse and get car advice from people that lived in Florida, California, Vermont, Germany, or Australia.

Thru BS and other forums I have become friends with a wide variety of people that I don't get to see often, but interact online with almost daily. Living in Amarillo on I-40 has afforded me the opportunity to see some of them as they travel through town. It's pretty neat to think your circle of influence and friendship can extend far far beyond those in your immediate geographic region. Kinda makes you feel a little more significant, like the imprint you ultimately leave behind is immensely greater than it would have been otherwise.

So, thanks BS'ers, you may not know it, but you guys really brighten my days and I am proud to be counted among your ranks. You dudes are the best.

a mopar site? looking at your list of vehicles, glad to see you were converted
                  Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

this place is simply the best. I walked into the old shop the other day and saw the BS EAST sticker from 2009. The first time I met Lohnes and a few other folks here. I often talk about the "good old days" but honestly the good of the internet is pretty awesome. Thanks to all that contribute here, it's an interesting world wide network of like minded and open minded hotrodders, I'm very thankful to be a part of it.
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Lohnes is an amazing guy. He deserves all the success he ever gets, and he's earned it. He's an approachable professional. Friendly to say the least. Yeah, he's the real deal.

Chad talks a lot, every breath. We were at the charity auction during Cars and Cones and Chad was yammering so much we couldn't hear the auctioneer. It was a life moment, Sue Unit told Chad, "SHHHHH," and he actually hushed. Sue's hard of hearing, she couldn't hear the auctioneer and she wanted to. HAHAhahahahahaH!

Comment

I joined a bit lost
                        always seeking journalism, especially autos.

my life is mechanical with a clearance.. it is nice to find diversity.
                        all i have learned is before internet , cellphones. I needed my age group.
                        this place has it.
                        I even shared a ricer here... glad most caught onto my patience of straining my existence with it.

I may never fulfill younger race dreams, but glad pdub shares and everyone.
                        Previously boxer3main
                        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Thanks so much Rock!

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010455.JPG Views:	1 Size:	83.5 KB ID:	1241671

Now I just need a game playing box to go with it. Queue the Jeopardy theme song...and add some tick, tick ticks.....waiting....The Fed Ex truck has come by twice, STOP! Stop HERE. No, not yet.
                          Last edited by pdub; April 30, 2019, 10:08 AM.

Comment

I have to agree that BS has expanded my horizons and filled my life with more crazy people. At the track on Friday I even had a pit crew! Patrick pitched in and helped a lot as I got Mutt prepped for tech and racing. How else would we even know each other??!! And got to hang w/Andy, Ron, and others.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                              I have to agree that BS has expanded my horizons and filled my life with more crazy people. At the track on Friday I even had a pit crew! Patrick pitched in and helped a lot as I got Mutt prepped for tech and racing. How else would we even know each other??!! And got to hang w/Andy, Ron, and others.

Dan
                              That's what it is. When you walked up to me in the tech line in Ohio and said, "Wow, isn't Red handsome?"......I couldn't even answer. Who IS this guy, how does he even know who Red is? Well, you had shaved your beard off. About 10 seconds later ... Heck, that's Dan! In disguise.

Comment

Working...
                              X