I've Got One More Song Left in Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've Got One More Song Left in Me

It's an instrumental, not three chord blues rock & roll stuff. I can hear it, it's been bothering me for years. A melody of sorts.

It even has a bridge, a new one for me. I tried playing it some years ago, I couldn't get it together. And there has to be a reason, that's because I'm not a musician. What I hear in my mind does not equate to what I'm able to play. What bugs me is, I can hear it. If I was ever able to pull it off, it would be great elevator music.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

You think you got problems...
    I got lots of beautiful music from Kate Smith to rock n roll and all, but attempts to recreate fall flat.

Comment

If only what I hear in my mind's ear would be what comes out of my mouth. I can REALLY sing in the truck, driving to and from the track. But when recorded it somehow isn't what I heard.....

Dan

Comment

its like writers block
        I left on in music where you describe.. I was only a boy

the net is very satisfying, finding something close to what is going through my mind

I am convinced going past that point is the real music of yourself.

to all humans a rhythm repeating brings sleepy.. that is part of the block of not being able to do what you want to finish.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

It's all making sense to me now, if anything ever does. Those "bands" I played in, that was just all a rehearsal. I even started a "band," a three piece, that's what I wanted, and I was the lead man. You've gotta be kidding. No wonder we only played two gigs, and that took a lot of practice to even get there.

But it was all a rehearsal to be able to break out the sound at Gear Head Inn and shamelessly make some racket. I was not nervous about doing that after the first time. I had done it before, in more challenging conditions. I know now how it all came together. Yep, that all adds up in the greater scheme of things.

Comment

This one has darned near everybody in it just before the end of the camera run. This one is completely a re-post, and for that a apologize. I've spent my whole life tampering with musical instruments and I didn't know why. This one's a gem, perhaps my favorite. We had to rehearse this one a lot and we got lucky, we nailed it, as best we could at least.

Comment

you don't think you've got something in there better then this?

Maybe do a song with a cameo by a star like Studemax?
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

Maybe do a song with a cameo by a star like Studemax?
                Well, Stude didn't make it to GHI but he sure as heck made it to Arkansas.

How about Big Dave instead? This one took too long to get set up, we took too long farting around making this one happen and I'm too lazy these days to cut a video down.

Comment

OMG!!! Talk about reliving some great memories! Once in a lifetime the universe lines up to let great times and great friends come together to make memories like this. I don't know how we could ever top the GHI!!
                  Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                  Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
                    OMG!!! Talk about reliving some great memories! Once in a lifetime the universe lines up to let great times and great friends come together to make memories like this. I don't know how we could ever top the GHI!!
                    I have to agree. We were having so much fun. That was just too much fun. It WAS. There's no fixing that and there's no reliving it, either. I'm just fabulously glad I've got that collection of videos from it.

Comment

How many more of those videos does anybody really want to see? I have so many. None of those videos will mean a thing to the folks who weren't there. We were just having too much fun. Period. Exclamation point. And the videos didn't at all capture what all else was happening at the same time. That was just too much fun, it WAS. There's the definition of "too much fun."

Comment

so what you're saying is
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                        X