But what about Ram Trucks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But what about Ram Trucks?

BEDFORD, Va. — A dispute that started with the age-old argument about the superiority of Ford versus Chevrolet trucks ended in gunfire, leaving multiple people shot at a Virginia home, prosec…
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

I would drive any of the big 3 in that beautiful weather

Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

All that reporting and we were never told which truck he liked best .. how very disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
        All that reporting and we were never told which truck he liked best .. how very disappointing.
        X2!

I'm keeping my Dodge (it's pre-Ram badging though it did have both Dodge and Ram badges here and there - now no badges at all following the respray.) Anyone tries to put down my Dodge and I'll spray 'em with caffeine-free Diet Coke and I ain't afraid to use it! That'll learn 'em.

Dan
        Last edited by DanStokes; May 3, 2019, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
          ...(it's pre-Ram badging...
          I was relieved to hear that Dan's truck did not have "uterus" badging on the grill!

Comment

I still don't understand the Dodge business decision to create a new brand from one of their truck model names.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
              I still don't understand the Dodge business decision to create a new brand from one of their truck model names.
              Because when the name is only three letters long, they can use very, very big chrome letters.

RAM! IN BIG LETTERS!
              OK, maybe that idea is about a stupid as stabbing someone in an argument over who makes better trucks. Brand management stupidity at the corporate vs consumer level, I suppose.

Comment

I did some research into it and came to the conclusion that I must be slow, considering the Ram brand was created in 2009, following Chrysler's acquisition by Italian automaker Fiat.

According to Chrysler executives;

The plans called for Dodge switching to an exclusively car-based lineup, which allowed them to focus on technological advancements in their sedans and muscle cars, producing some of the most innovative modern cars like the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon. By marketing separately from Ram, Dodge can have a different brand identity: hip, cool, young, energetic. That will not fit the campaign for truck buyers. The two should have distinct themes.

The Ram Trucks brand will concentrate on "real truck customers," rather than casual truck buyers who buy trucks for image or style. Ram even intend to compete in the semi-trailer truck category and is now able to focus all of its resources toward delivering the most reliable and technologically advanced pickups and future heavy-duty trucks on the market.

Comment

Working...
                X