Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firefox error

mozilla firefox error
    anyone encountering the addon disabled bug?

I have had mozilla so long I forgot the last time something this stupid happened.

I immediately found some answers and it is indeed mozillas problem

a certifcate check has gone crazy on all users and disabled all addons

the last weirdness like this is way more than 10 years ago for me..
    I used to compile my own mozilla back when

at Reddit, 4500 users were on in less than 1 hour posting of the firefox
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Firefox has been my browser of choice for a lot of years. But they are obviously having some issues. I've been having to pick and choose between them and IE for which sites I want to visit. Some sites with which browser and the functionality varies widely. It's like a puzzle, but Firefox is broken. I'm on Firefox at this moment, it seems okay for BS, but on other sites not so much.
    Last edited by pdub; May 3, 2019, 10:10 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
      Firefox has been my browser of choice for a lot of years. But they are obviously having some issues. I've been having to pick and choose between them and IE for which sites I want to visit. Some sites with which browser and the functionality varies widely. It's like a puzzle, but Firefox is broken. I'm on Firefox at this moment, it seems okay for BS, but on other sites not so much.
      I'll stick with it..
      I must have a lot of addons, it is very fast.
      Watched a few premiere videos.. got some news in realtime

I was missing some things with all the addons.

Compiling it myself years ago.. it was very fast no matter what I did.
      Instead of choosing libraries to get going.. it was custom for my pc

I wonder what this monster 4 core xeon would do with a custom compile
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I have to go over to IE to argue with the kids on the news network. Firefox doesn't work for that at all. It seems the mainstream system is loaded in favor of IE, and that used to be the most undependable one, that's why I went with Firefox. But there's something technically wrong with Firefox, you're exactly correct. Maybe Firefox let a new college grad into the computer cabinet, that platform is seriously messed up.

Comment

For what I use it for Firefox is doing fine. As far as I know I have no "add-ons" (whatever those are) so maybe that's why mine seems unaffected.

Dan

Comment

I see now what Barry is talking about. I left the puter sitting on BS while I raced on the TV. When I got worn out I turned back to the puter and Firefox was saying that an add-on had been disabled. Yep, FF has gone quirky for sure. It DOES work well for BS but I've abandoned it for use on other sites. They've definitely let a rookie into the server room, something has obviously changed.

They've taken away the home page option and disabled the ad blocker, too.

Comment

It's fixed. There was a GMT bug that expired the security certs.
              They patched it and all is well for the time being.

Many Firefox users around the world are browsing without their usual set of extensions after they suddenly stopped working earlier this evening. The event occurred as the clock rolled over on UTC (Coordinated Universal Time, aka GMT or Greenwich Mean Time), and impacted users quickly narrowed it down to "expiration of intermediate signing cert" -- as it's described on Mozilla's bug tracker. This same problem almost happened three years ago, but "armagadd-on" 2.0 has torn things up once again. In a statement provided to Engadget, Product Lead Kev Needham said: We're sorry that there is currently an issue where existing and new add-ons are failing to run or be installed on Firefox. We know what the issue is and are working hard to restore add-on functionality to Firefox as soon as possible. We'll continue to provide updates via our Twitter channels. Please bear with us while we get the problem fixed.

I noticed it this morning on my Antergos (Arch based Linux) laptop.
              I simply switched to Falkon browser when FF went down.

Falkon is a QtWebEngine browser like Chrome.
              It works on Windows with the appropriate hotfix installed.
              I like it better on Linux machines though, no bugs.

Comment

I'm not sophisticated enough to have noticed. Mine seems to be working just fine.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

As tardis pointed out, it appaers to be fixed. I was able to shop online w/FF and buy groceries and it didn't burp a single time. Is this a great time to be alive, or WHAT?

Comment

Working...
                  X