A little misleading don't you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little misleading don't you think?

The other day I drove by a Ford dealer when a new Mustang caught my eye when i saw 427 on the hood. So I stopped to take a look. On the gas cap, insted of saying Stage 1,2,3 or whatever, It had Stage 427. It's a little misleading when it has a 4.6 under the hood.
    If I remember right it was listed at about $45k.

Re: A little misleading don't you think?

Was it a Roush 427R?

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Nope. Just 427, and no supercharger.

Comment

WT heck? sounds kinda goofy :P
        COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
          Was it a Roush 427R?

Great car, you can run 14's all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
            Was it a Roush 427R?

Sure you could. And then if you wanted to go more then 3/4 throttle, you could run quicker. :
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
              Was it a Roush 427R?

Sure you could. And then if you wanted to go more then 3/4 throttle, you could run quicker. :
              Only in your dreams. Check YouTube for a review, it's a blue one, best the guy could get was low 14's. Add that to the fact that a friend of mine who's been hanging out at the track lately just commented to me about two of them that have been racing out at SpeedWorld. And he said the best they can do is low 14's. And realize that we sit at about 1000 ft in elevation, so sure you might pull a 13.99 at sea level, but those cars aren't what they're all cracked up to be.

Comment

Dude, I run 14.08 with Reni's bone stock GT Automatic. If they can't get faster with a 427R, they need a new driver.
                I R Bob
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I looked on YouTube too. I found a few videos of a red Roush 427R. It was running 14.20's and you could see the driver spinning out of the hole. It was pretty obvious that the guy couldn't drive it!

Comment

Originally posted by Rustang
                    I looked on YouTube too. I found a few videos of a red Roush 427R. It was running 14.20's and you could see the driver spinning out of the hole. It was pretty obvious that the guy couldn't drive it!
                    Like I said in stock form it's a 14 second car, now you want to talk about modding it that's a different story.

And I don't care how good of a driver you are, you launch the car at 3000rpm and rev it to 6500 in each gear your going to run pretty close to the same time every time. Probably with in a tenth or two.

And at that even if you could get the car to hook, what's it going to run a 13.8 or something, it's not like that car is smoking the tires all the way down the track.

Comment

a friend modified his 89 camaro so much , it runs an 8.98 with a q jet

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                        a friend modified his 89 camaro so much , it runs an 8.98 with a q jet
                        And runs on Hemp oil. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Rustang
                          Like I said in stock form it's a 14 second car, now you want to talk about modding it that's a different story.

And I don't care how good of a driver you are, you launch the car at 3000rpm and rev it to 6500 in each gear your going to run pretty close to the same time every time. Probably with in a tenth or two.

And at that even if you could get the car to hook, what's it going to run a 13.8 or something, it's not like that car is smoking the tires all the way down the track.
                          So how am I, with a stock GT almost in the 13's? And for that matter, my truck which is heavier and has less power, has ripped off 12.80's before? Somebody get me a 427R so I can see what it will really do. ;D
                          I R Bob

Comment

As Bob knows, I'm not a Fordofile but on the PowerTour, a junkie with a brand new Mustang Shelby GT-H ran 13.8s ("Rental"/Rett) at both Great Lakes Dragway and at Bristol. To the best of my knowledge the car was not modified.
                            a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

I had one for the once episode of Barnstormin' that made the air over at the old CJTV site. The day we filmed at the strip, it rained out so we could not get any #'s out of the car, but it runs way harded than low 14's.

Seat of my pants says it'll go mid to low 13's. The thing makes 430hp. TC, your car would run 14's if you blow the tires off and manage 2 second 60' times.

What was the mph of those 14 second runs?

Brian
                              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                              X