GM Concept Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM Concept Cars

OK after nearly hurling my breakfast all over my keyboard after reading BangShift's Blog item "So You Like the New Camaro? Not That There's Anything Wrong With That" where GM is marketing the 2010 Camaro to Gay men, I got over it and actually looked at the new Concept Cars from the Transformers II movie "Revenge of the Fallen".

I kinda like the looks myself. What do you think ?
    ???

SIDESWIPE - a stylized Corvette Stingray vision concept vehicle

BUMBLEBEE - the heroic AUTOBOT based on Chevrolet's Camaro concept returns with a high-performance attitude.
    SKIDS and MUDFLAP - twin AUTOBOTS, based on Chevy's Beat (a concept that will go into production as the Chevy Spark in 2011) and Trax concepts
    JOLT - an AUTOBOT-based on Chevy's upcoming Volt extended-range electric vehicle

Re: GM Concept Cars

[quote=White Monster ]
    SIDESWIPE ? a stylized Corvette Stingray vision concept vehicle

This looks pretty cool. From this angle, the rear kinda looks like a Lamborghini Reventon.

Comment

I have to admit at least in those two shots (not sure how the 'vette concept looks front or rear) I like the cars.

The little "box" cars I'm not too sure about, don' you think we've already reached market saturation for the literal econobox? Honda Element, Scion xb, HHR, PT cruiser, and doesn't Kia have one out now too?
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
        and doesn't Kia have one out now too?
        Yep. It's called the Soul. Saw one the last time I took the wife's ride in for it's oil change. It's really an ugly car IMO.

Comment

killed in action
          we dumped the kia franchise a couple of years ago

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
            The little "box" cars I'm not too sure about, don' you think we've already reached market saturation for the literal econobox? Honda Element, Scion xb, HHR, PT cruiser, and doesn't Kia have one out now too?
            Actually, I HATE the Honda Element, Scion xb, PT cruiser and Kia Soul.
            The HHR SS isn't too bad ....
            :P

Comment

what's GM ?

Comment

Government Motors of course !!
                :D

Comment

The HHR is a shining example of GM's ability to bring something to market seven years after the original (PT Cruiser).

Cars in the movie look OK. I think the theme with GM's design these days is this:

step 1: carve neat looking prototype out of a large bar of soap
                  step 2: let the Jolly Green Giant take a few showers with the bar of soap
                  step 3: mass produce what's left
                  www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I was considering purchasing the Z28 Camaro in 2011, but now I think I'll save my pennies for the new Corvette Stingray !!
                    I wonder what year it will be released and if Obama will acutally let it go into production ?
                    ;D

Comment

Anybody remember the Nomad concept a few years ago, I really liked that one
                      Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Kammback
                        Anybody remember the Nomad concept a few years ago, I really liked that one
                        I'm not sure I ever saw that one. It definetly has styling cues from the 53 Vette.

Comment

I like the Camaro (in a straight kind of way) and that Vette concept but the two little turd cars you can keep.

Comment

that nomad was built on the now dead solstice platform

Comment

GM is dead. They're now banking on the Volt (in 2010) to pull them out of the abyss. Right.
                              Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

Working...
                              X