Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Light cameras in Socal..................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Light cameras in Socal..................

......tell me about them. THX
    STUGOTS

I thought they were banned....

Since they were beaten down in the courts pretty badly and information like THIS is out I was under the belief most cities had given up on them.....

Camera tickets? No, as long as you do not respond to them. If you respond to them you will owe as you just acknowledged the ticket. The Los Angeles Superior Court has determined that camera tickets are not enforceable if you do not show up to court. A ticket written by a police officer requires you to sign the ticket which is your commitment to show up in court if you do not pay it first on line.

Without this signature the courts have ruled that the tickets are unenforceable, just ignore them. I have two and I never have acknowledged them and they cannot go to warrant or appear on your driving record.
    attorneys are advising drivers to toss their red light camera citations in the trash, because of a new enforcement policy set in LA County Superior Court.

“It will not go on your credit report, the DMV will not be notified,” said Jay Beeber, executive director of driver advocacy group Safer Streets LA, which opposes red-light cameras.

Beeber said that over the past few years, LA County has quietly adopted a new policy not to pursue red light ticket recipients who don’t respond to mailed citations.

“They will not come and arrest you, there will not be a warrant out for your arrest and there will not be any affect on your credit,” Beeber said.

A spokesperson for LA County’s Superior Court confirmed to the NBC4 I-Team that while they’d “prefer” that drivers pay their tickets, when they’re no-shows at court, there’s no way for courts to legally confirm the identities of people photographed in red-light camera citations.
    So, if you ignore a ticket, while a $300 dollar fine will be assessed against you in the court record, it won’t go on your credit report, there won’t be a warrant issued for your arrest and the court won’t ask the DMV to place a hold on your license.

Source: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/new...

quote LA County spokesperson “while they’d “prefer” that drivers pay their tickets” … get real ..they are trying to scare people into voluntarily paying for fines they do not legally have to …. It should be a crime to send you a ticket in the mail without a disclaimer that you don’t have to pay …it is ”voluntary”… there is little difference here as compared to many internet scams being run on suckers all the time….. “your computer has been infected … call now”

But don't hold ME to that. However if you read it on the internet it must be true, particularly if a lawyer said it.
    Last edited by RockJustRock; May 15, 2019, 07:37 PM.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

I can tell you they work in Chicago. They take a very nice picture of rear of car and one through winshield of your oh shit face. $100 ticket.

Comment

After thinking a couple of hours it came down to making a positive ID from a photo could lead to some nasty big brother things with other forms of surveillance. Plus people started driving in disguise because the things gave out a lot of bogus tickets and who wants to fight those?

Comment

They had those right here in this town for a little while. It was a HUGE source of revenue. They ran out of film taking photos and sending tickets. Millions of dollars in a hurry. At times during weekdays here, it's gridlock. And it takes some forethought, don't get out into the middle of that green light intersection if there's no room for you. When that light turns red,and you're stuck in the intersection, POOF, ticket. My ex-boss got two in two weeks.

There was so much public outrage, they unplugged them and threw those cameras away.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

"THREAD DERAILMENT - TREAD DERAILMENT"

Finally someone that actually pronounces it correctly!

It's SoCal (or NorCal for those less fortunate) NOT Callie.

we now return you to your regularly schedule program

Comment

It reminds me, the only time that I know my picture got taken was on the Pennsylvania Turnpike. We were coming back to Weeville from Pittsburgh. The PA Turnpike is a beautiful road, with nobody on it. At some points you can see about two miles in either direction, rolling hills.

We had been going 111.8 mph on an early Sunday morning. I know that because that's as fast as Bluebelle will go with the speed limiter turned on, measured in Ohio. We crested a gentle hill and I was grinning about it and oh shit we just blew past one of those toll booth deals. It's too late now, I wasn't even paying attention.

A few weeks later we got the most beautiful high definition photo of Bluebelle's license plate in the snail mail. I could not have taken a better closeup photo in the garage with proper lighting and printed it out to look any better. It was addressed to me, as owner of the car. Fines and fees, plus the $1.00 I should have stopped and paid, had I been paying attention.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                After thinking a couple of hours it came down to making a positive ID from a photo could lead to some nasty big brother things with other forms of surveillance. Plus people started driving in disguise because the things gave out a lot of bogus tickets and who wants to fight those?
                that smart tracking device most people talk on make surveillance so 20th century.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

The odd thing is that photo tickets on the toll roads stick.

Comment

just as it's only illegal if you get caught, it's lawful if no one appeals.
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

here, they send the ticket to the registered owner of the car. no pay/no show in court
                      is contempt, bench warrant and even more fines.

hey, they can PROVE its your car, and like children or dogs you are responsible for
                      your own, so....yeah. unreal.

Comment

It's a thriving industry. It's money. They have to pay somebody to run the search on that tag and then print out the photo and then stuff and address the envelope and mail it. At a hefty profit. Very hefty profit.

Comment

You tell. You're from here too.

The programs were supposed to be used to counter blatant red-light runners who cause accidents, and instead were handed to contractors who used them as a revenue source against people who did a "California stop" during a right-hand turn or stopped too far into the intersection or committed other such minor offenses. Same old crap, a smart idea implemented stupidly. Pull 'em all out, then.

Comment

Working...
                          X