X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    That IS, of course, a possibility. However, we DID order by the correct part number (I harvested that on line and confirmed it on the store's computer screen) and I know Patrick ordered it properly unlike my on-line order which somehow went from PN 6256 to PN 6257 - that's a total mystery. So yeah, we'll see what shows up but I have a fair amount of confidence (fingers crossed).

Dan
    I wonder what McTaggart would say to all of this ;)

A reminder about my brake caliper fiasco a couple weeks ago might be in order. 1) Napa put wrong one in box, 2) Napa put another wrong one in box 2, 3) ordered from O'Reilly, used wrong one number 2 as core.

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Another win for Just-In-Time-Inventory.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    That IS, of course, a possibility. However, we DID order by the correct part number (I harvested that on line and confirmed it on the store's computer screen) and I know Patrick ordered it properly unlike my on-line order which somehow went from PN 6256 to PN 6257 - that's a total mystery. So yeah, we'll see what shows up but I have a fair amount of confidence (fingers crossed).

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; May 17, 2019, 08:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    your presumption that the right one will arrive next Thursday is quite cute. I see an angry parts guy episode coming soon to a front page near you

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    started a topic Nice Surprise From Advance Auto

Nice Surprise From Advance Auto

Mutt's currently running 30 PSI boost and I suspect I may want to run more as the more boost I throw at him the better he seems to like it. The problem is that the cheapo boost gage I'm running goes from -30-0-30PSI so after 30 I'm guessing at the boost although 30 clicks on the controller seems to equal 5 psi pretty consistently. Still, I want a gage.

So I on-line ordered up an Eqqus 0-60 PSI boost pressure gage from Advance - they don't have them in-store. Took them FOREVER to send it - it was about 8 days before I got it. That was NOT the nice surprise. Then I opened the box yesterday and it was a -30-0-30 PSI gage which I already have 2 of. Also not the nice surprise. (stay with me here......) So I call Advance and got India though the guy had REALLY good English - sort of a win. So he gave the usual apologies but then dropped an interesting piece of info on me - you can take web-ordered stuff back to any Advance store along with the web order number (it's on the paperwork in the box) and they'll send it back (no shipping) and issue you a refund. Easy-peasy.

So I drive to my local Advance (I won't say I go there often but some of the guys know my phone number by heart) and lay the gage on the counter and tell them the deal. They handled the return just like the guy on the phone said they would so that was WIN #1. Then I asked the counter guy if they could order the right one and son-of-a-gun, there it is on the screen. So I ask "how much" and after some calculating of discount (I have discount coupons by the bunch) he says "$0.00" given the return of the wrong one - WIN #2. I figure I can afford that and it's on its way. It'll be at the store next Thursday as it comes from Eqqus and not Advance but I can live with that. The store is literally at the end of my street so picking it up there is no hardship at all. Pretty pleased about this.

Dan
Working...
X