Nice Surprise From Advance Auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

They were talking about it on the Mercedes forum I'm on but I missed the episode. Hope to catch it on a re-broadcast. Wondering what they did to it but I'm guessing that, among other things, the fixed the sunroof drains and the broken-down driver's seat, both common problems.

Dan
    Fixed some vacuum leaks and replaced some sticky valves and a broken diaphragm in the fuel metering system on the fuel pump were the main items. Also replaced the radio antenna. Rest was decorative trim parts.
    Last edited by Red_Kitty; May 17, 2019, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Kitty View Post

Fixed some vacuum leaks and replaced some sticky valves and a broken diaphragm in the fuel metering system on the fuel pump were the main items. Also replaced the radio antenna. Rest was decorative trim parts.
      The ALDA was probably the bad diaphragm. ALDA is a contraction or some such for a German term - it modifies fuel delivery vs boost pressure. They could have put in a Dieselmeken pump and doubled the HP! But that might not have been the goal.

Speaking of nice surprises - the 2:73 R&P arrived today from Richmond along with the installation kit. David Rackley will come to my shop with all his nifty set up tools and do the set-up so I'll pull the diff and clean everything up before he gets here. His ETA is sometime Tuesday so I'll try to have everything ready for him by then.

BTW - Andy - how's your arm coming along? Hope all is well.

Dan

Comment

Hi Dan - thanks - it's coming along. It's been a week now, and getting a bit more motion back every day.

And yes it was the ALDA - the vertical rod had separated from the disc, so it was inop.
        Last edited by Red_Kitty; May 17, 2019, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Kitty View Post
          Hi Dan - thanks - it's coming along. It's been a week now, and getting a bit more motion back every day.
          Cool beans Andy, you'll be good as new. What makes me smile is that you and Dan hooked up in Arkansas. I wasn't there, but I was "there" thanks to your coverage. I was there heart and soul the whole time. You just couldn't see me. I was there.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Cool beans Andy, you'll be good as new. What makes me smile is that you and Dan hooked up in Arkansas. I wasn't there, but I was "there" thanks to your coverage. I was there heart and soul the whole time. You just couldn't see me. I was there.
            We missed you, Buddy.

Dan

Comment

Working...
            X