Bad Weather in the Midwest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Weather in the Midwest

I'm a weather nerd/wimp. It won't get to us here at Weeville in southeastern TN. But that's scary when they issue a TorCon value of 9 in places like Oklahoma City. Here's Paul Goodloe on the Weather Channel doing a live shot from Witchita Falls, Texas.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010459.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	1243541

Part of the story he was telling was about that storm shelter in the ground behind him, concrete and rebar. He even got down inside of it to show it off. The owners built that after their town was mowed over by an EF5 twister a while back. That's all well and good, good insurance if you can make it across the yard during the storm in time.

What really strikes me is that tree directly behind Paul. After having been in an inland hurricane, you'll never look at a tree the same way again. If, by odd circumstance, that tree should happen to fall on top of that storm shelter, you're probably still good but you can't get out of there without some rescue personnel.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

heard our first rumble of thunder, a mugginess I don't feel often enough here.. should be passing through shortly.

another half turn on the main line into the new a/c pump still shrinking to maines 25 below everyone chooses to forget existed.
    solar minimum... it is more like our maximum on earth.
    big sun.

I look forward to this stuff, but the lottery of tornado. It is mist likely the primitive reasons for living in such a cold place as I do.

first 69F since last october today
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Every thunderstorm has the potential to produce tornados. Alabama leads the pack in frequency. Oh........hurricanes are chock-full of thunderstorms.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
      X