Stude and Ron Ward - Don't DROWN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude and Ron Ward - Don't DROWN!

Golly whoppers, whatta bunch of water from the sky. You guys stay safe and dry!
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Unfortunately I imagine they are not the only of our group who are facing some really bad weather times lately. Prayers to all in such situations.

Comment

It's my understanding there is extensive flooding and violent storms from Nebraska to the Gulf, and eastward to the Mississippi. It's wet here in Wichita, but we have had a massive flood control system protecting us for over 50 years. Probably the best 20 million dollar project ever built, it's known locally as The Big Ditch, and envelopes the Little Arkansas River, the Big Arkansas River, and several local creeks with large and wide dikes that divert the water around the city instead of through (and across) it. Wichita has a history of periodic floods that covered the entire community in a lake over 25 miles wide. No more. Best of luck to everyone else!
      Last edited by studemax; May 24, 2019, 05:16 PM.
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Out here on the West side, we had a real toad strangler a couple of hours ago. 2.5"+ (raining sideways, so I don't think that is accurate) filled our massive ditch in front of the house and ran across the road. But nothing flooded.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Here on the banks of the mighty Miss, they are predicting 8 inches of rain and tornado warnings with possibly another record flood crest by mid June...
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Best of luck guys. And here we are in the middle of a drought (not serious yet though it might get that way - no rain in the forecast) and pretty hot for this time of year. Go figure.......

Dan

Comment

That's all in preparation for the Power Tour Dan. It's got to be hot as hell or it isn't any fun!
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                Best of luck guys. And here we are in the middle of a drought (not serious yet though it might get that way - no rain in the forecast) and pretty hot for this time of year. Go figure.......

Dan
                My dad had a theory about that. He said if you take a continent or even the whole world as an ecosystem, there's always a given amount of moisture suspended in the atmosphere. If a region is having a drought, you don't have to look far beyond that region to see somebody else getting a flood. I think if we showed him the weather map right now, he'd say, "See there?"
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Safe and sound here. A couple leaks in the basement, but everything stayed dry.
                  It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Working...
                  X