No announcement yet.

Rear End Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually blowing off the cobwebs, back when synthetic oil was new and debates about it were fierce synthetic gear lube was considered a no-brainer. Less power loss to viscosity with less of an economic hit due to seldom needing changes. Come to think of it with so much focus on induction, power adders, electronics and dyno tuning these days nobody talks about power losses due to things like windage anymore. Dry sumps, deep sumps and windage control in the oiling systems just aren't fashionable anymore. Used to be "Wow, here's 30-40 HP for little or nothing.".
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

HIGH PERFORMANCE GEAR OIL (WITH SYNERLECŪ) Max Gear is recommended for truck and automotive differentials, outboard motor lower units or in rear axles or

What we use when opening diffs....
      Click image for larger version

Name:	rqt_max-gear_75w-90-600x600.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	1244130
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
        Actually blowing off the cobwebs, back when synthetic oil was new and debates about it were fierce synthetic gear lube was considered a no-brainer. Less power loss to viscosity with less of an economic hit due to seldom needing changes. Come to think of it with so much focus on induction, power adders, electronics and dyno tuning these days nobody talks about power losses due to things like windage anymore. Dry sumps, deep sumps and windage control in the oiling systems just aren't fashionable anymore. Used to be "Wow, here's 30-40 HP for little or nothing.".
        very true.
        I learned that after changing a very old diff cover. I also found, pinion angle dramatically can overfill. Especially trucks where the height changes on suspension could be any body and a 2 dollar lift kit.

I like the diff cover fill holes... this is exactly factory even with crazy pinion angles that may be on the side plug.

I learned diffs with dads rigs growing up. Even seen one that burrowed a hole after 1.2 million miles.

odor was not the word for it, we had to stand back for quite some time. It even anoded battery juice.

lo and behold switching to synthetic on my 375k mile truck was a battle unfolded from the years and miles and two chemistries.. my vent tube went nuts first trip out.

when it calmed down, it was like poppin a clutch to a diesel it was so slippery.
        BIG power adder. Very noticable on an old 250hp 305 chevy for sure.

dinosouar fluid is like boat props. Time to evolve to jet drive and synthetic
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
        X