Being Neighborly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being Neighborly

I'm just about in tears. Superman said he'd have SM Jr. come wash our cars for us. Well, he wasn't kidding. Jr. won't even let me pay him, not even on the sly. He said if I gave him any money he'd just give it right back. What great friends and neighbors.

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010467.JPG Views:	1 Size:	120.8 KB ID:	1244094
    Last edited by pdub; May 26, 2019, 07:59 AM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Jr. said, "I'll come back over later and see how many views I got."

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010468.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	1244097

Comment

Great kid!
      Great folks!
      Great neighbors!

Comment

I've never washed more than one vehicle per day in my whole life.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010469.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	1244101

Comment

That was way fun. Jr. insisted I set up a chair in the garage to supervise. He wanted me to watch. He said, "Red is an important car. I don't want to mess him up."

When he got to Bubba the Truck I showed him how to use the air hose and a pressure gauge to pump up the tires. That was VERY cool.
          Last edited by pdub; May 26, 2019, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Great neighbors! You are very lucky in many ways. Hope you get to the point of washing your own cars, and hopefully soon.

Dan

Comment

I added a view .. great job Jr. !

Comment

Excellent job Super 2
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Pdub, can you send that young man down my way? I've got 5 vehicles setting around the place three of which need washing. Two have plenty of bugs and bug guts on the front that need removing.........

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                    Pdub, can you send that young man down my way? I've got 5 vehicles setting around the place three of which need washing. Two have plenty of bugs and bug guts on the front that need removing.........
                    I told him up front, I cleared it with him - I'm going to take your photo and put it on the worldwide web. He approved it. He's the star of the show in all of the school broadway shows, and those shows are amazingly remarkable. So he doesn't mind a camera. He can sing and dance and play guitar, too.

He said, "Sure, I'll be famous for being the best car washer in the whole world." He's that, and a whole lot more. Superman has a user account on BangShift, let's see if he comes online to arrange Jr.'s travel to Fayetteville to wash some more cars. What a great kid. One of a kind these days.

EDIT: Oh, and a kayak champ too. Throw him in the raging river water in a kayak and see what he does.
                    Last edited by pdub; May 27, 2019, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Yesterday I came home from the hospital, it was about dark. I was coming down the hill and around the curve.....look at THAT. While I was at the hospital, Superman had cut our grass and SM Jr. had whacked down some unsightly dead flower bushes out by the curb, piled up.

This afternoon I came home from the hospital and opened the garage door and was hobbling in there....wait a minute, that 500-pound box full of griddle grill had moved significantly. Now it's in a totally different spot. Maybe Superman used the hand trucks to get it further out of the way or something. So I get into the house and doing all of the house start-up procedures and I opened the blind over the kitchen sink.

Superman and Jr. had come over here during the day and built that grill. Are they great friends and neighbors or WHAT?

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010480.JPG Views:	1 Size:	104.6 KB ID:	1247059
                      Last edited by pdub; June 29, 2019, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Told Ya So!
                        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Again their stock soars in my stock market! Good all over them - please tell them I said so (not that that'll mean much to them.......).

Dan

Comment

Thank all of you guys here on BS, and you know who you are. I love you all.

Comment

You surely hit the neighbor jackpot!
                              Now for Sue to get well enough to come home!

Comment

Working...
                              X