Hey all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey all!

Been busy, just dropping by to say hi. Lots going on around "Casa DE Joe" lately

1. Son has been deeply involved in BMX racing and while the wife and the boy are off from school for the summer they are roaming around the USA in a conversion van we bought. It's a 60K mile Chevy G20 Santa Fe conversion van. We broke it in logging about 1k miles over this past weekend going to some races. It performed flawlessly although it is a bit gutless with the 350. I am doing some work like installing a second battery / isolator and inverter so they can run an a/c unit while parked. Also adding a cargo platform, bike rack and trailer hitch to free up space inside the van.

2. Still going to school full time. That along is keeping me busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest.

3. New job is still fantastic. I am happier now than I've been in decades.

4. Picked up a nice 87 Mazda for my daughter but it overheated pretty bad and warped the head. The machine shop found it to be cracked all over the place so I picked up a new head. It is in but I have a bit more work to do replacing vacuum fittings, lines etc that have dry rotted and cracked. I also swapped the radiator, water pump and timing belt while I was in there.

Good times here. I could use a clone to help me keep up....

Anyway, hope you all are well and have a great summer doing car things....someday I'll get to mine...
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Great to hear from you .. sounds like Casa De Joe is doing just fine.

Comment

good news all around Joe- - good to hear
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

stop by more often!
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

So good to hear from you! Remember that your BS buddies care about you and it's good to hear that things are cruising along for you.

ME and I bought a high top Ford van a few years ago that was a handicap van that lacked tall doors and therefore wasn't a very good van for disabled people. The sales place (a handicap van dealer) pulled the chair lift and sold it to us for a great price. I corrected some "deferred maintenance" and it's now a great back-up vehicle and long-distance road wagon. We take it when we drive long distances and love it even though we don't stay overnight in it. All this to say - I can relate to how handy one of these vans is. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we like ours.

Please stay in touch (in your "spare" time).

Dan

Comment

Welcome home, Joe. Glad to hear things are going so well.
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

Working...
            X