Oops I did it again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good for you, Can't beat a Honda 450.
    Last fall I sold my ludicrous '05 KTM (540cc 13.5:1 CR and a few other go fast bits) and bought a new Husky FE 450.

This was my 50th birthday present to myself

The new Husky (Mostly a KTM) is lighter and street legal. Not that I'll use it on the street but it's a nice option to have. The new bike is slower than my previous orange rocket and the suspension is way more plush. In the woods I'm way faster on the new ride. I LOVE it!
    Have fun, and remember.... safety 3rd.

Comment

Safety is a distant 3rd and fading fast.

I can't believe how different (even, dare I say it, better) it rides then the 2004 geometry. What I'm now afraid of is I'm going to get one someones' '17 CRF450RX and feel compelled to update again.... For those who don't know, Honda does minor changes every couple years and major changes every 5 or so. That means that the 2009 was the first of the updates from the 2004 and the next update was 2016.... the X came with electric start in 2016 as well (along with street-legal-lighting). To devolve further, the R is truly for Race. Honda also made a 450x was less race and there are substantial differences between the bikes - until 2017 when they made a RX, which is, supposedly, the penultimate bike you can ride to the track then race the 'R's and be competitive.... that said, the R is really meant for racing - it doesn't even have a 'reserve' on the fuel tank. One of the few updates I'm thinking of doing is the 2.7 gallon tank (up from 1.7) and a reserve valve from the X line..... according to most you get about 60 miles out of a tank of fuel in a R - mine isn't stock so safe is about 40 miles
      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; May 29, 2019, 03:30 PM.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
      X