The Shipping Pissedivity Factor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
    That's not it. I'm into the Blackstone griddle combo because it has two side burners for pots. I'll have to think of a way to use the griddle, I want those side burners since my Weber side burner got trashed out.

I went and checked the credit card status to make sure it was looking alright. Did they straighten out the double-credit for the lost shipment like I called them about? It appears they did. What happened, WalMart credited me, and the credit card company did, too. And no, the hacked company in Utah has not hit me for the griddle grill yet.

While I was on the credit card site I noticed something. Maybe now I know why everybody jumped to attention so quickly when I called to dispute the grill shipment. First, I've never in my life disputed a charge, that's the first time. And while I was on the credit card site I noticed something - click here to check your credit rating score. Hmmmm.....I'm nearly curious, but it doesn't matter. I hovered over it......should I? It assured it was a safe function, it was guaranteed to not affect my score just to click on it. Okay, just for giggles, I can't get into any more trouble I guess. Well DANG. It said my current score is 827.
    Last edited by pdub; June 14, 2019, 07:25 AM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

That griddle grill I want (not an actual need) is turning into a nightmare. Maybe the third time is a charm. The second time, got back a screen message using the word "fraud." Okay, cancel that credit card number. Same outfit, just a new card, new number. Send me a new card. That's more hoops than the Ringling Brothers ever set up in one arena.

Meantime Sue Unit made me be a joint partner on her credit card. Okay, I'll use that one. WalMart.com again but this time I'm going up the street to pick it up curbside at the store. Click click type type, transaction shot down. Rejected by the credit card company. More hoops and phone calls. Unit's plenty mad at me for wanting this extra grill at all. Finally, the transaction went through.

I'll have to gather enough gumption tomorrow to go watch the "associates" load that bohunker box onto the truck. That's the service they offer and provide. We'll see. And then back home, gravity will unload it. Down is much easier than up. I can't wait to take a photo of that thing built after all of this. I think this time, after all the trouble, we'll actually have it.
      Last edited by pdub; June 25, 2019, 07:43 AM.

Comment

And one last thing, not to beat the dog to death, the two credit card companies we are using, everybody in customer service at best speaks terribly broken English. And they talk so fast, babbling, And poorly. It's frustrating. When you're frustrated already. Today during the negotiations Sue Unit handed the phone to me. She can't hear, so she handed the phone to me. I can hear but I sure can't understand the dialogue.

A few days ago, a few transaction ago in this time flow, about 50 minutes into being transferred around, I got out of character. I lost my polite composure. I finally said, "Can you put somebody on the phone who speaks English?!?!?" Jeez. That didn't do any good. That vent didn't help a thing.

Comment

Golly Ned that thing is heavy. It took three of us at WalMart to get it on the truck, and I only had one corner of it. Good grief. No wonder the one I ordered didn't get delivered. The truck carrying it probably broke down from the weight on the way.

Car ramps are good for more than one thing. if I can get this thing on the ground that'll be enough for today and the next few days probably. I'll build it in the garage, eventually.

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010474.JPG Views:	1 Size:	84.2 KB ID:	1246697
          Last edited by pdub; June 25, 2019, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Gravity is a good thing assuming you work WITH it.

Dan

Comment

Well, I "won," But I'm beat, like beat to a pulp. I won't be able to move tomorrow or probably later on tonight. That's okay, on days when I can "do" I always overdo, which is not very much at all for folks in a decent condition.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010475.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	1246708

Name:	P1010476.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	1246709

This was a three beer scenario with lots of rest and strategizing in between. Thinking, how do you move the immovable object? Well, it's on the ground in the garage. On the product reviews, one person said they assembled it in 15 minutes. Another person said it took an hour. For me, that means a month, after I get healed up from unloading it. But it's here, the third try actually worked.

Comment

You got that fancy lifting machine... Why not raise it to near bed hi and then you have a bench to work offa.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                  You got that fancy lifting machine... Why not raise it to near bed hi and then you have a bench to work offa.
                  Hmmmm... That's a great thought, after the fact. I gotter done (the offload) but it hurts, more by the hour. That fancy lifting machine is across the street at Superman's house. I told him, you hold onto it, if I need it I know where it is. He's used it to service his Vette already. At least it's being put to use, and that's a good thing.

To tell the truth, that machine wasn't even on my mental list of options for how to get that ton of a box off of the truck. I had already forgotten, but those hydraulic ramps together probably weigh less than that box and the ramps killed me, which is why I didn't want to see them again.

Comment

This thing is huge by largantic. What in the hell was I thinking? How can I ever....never mind, that's rhetorical. Carry on.

Name:	P1010477.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	1246795

Comment

Please, be careful. Those pieces look heavy. Don't drop one on your foot.
                      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                        Please, be careful. Those pieces look heavy. Don't drop one on your foot.
                        First I have to be able to pick one up. That $99 store assembly fee is looking pretty good right now, but it's too late for that. This will be something entirely different. Crippled man versus enormous cooker. Film at eleven. Or an obit - "A Tennessee man died trying to put together a gas grill..." It seemed just about hard enough to cut the box open. Ohhhh this is something here. I've chewed a lot of stuff but this time I may have bitten off more than I can chew, finally.

Comment

Call in Super Family I think.... $99 would make junior's YEAR!

Comment

Call in Super Family I think.... $99 would make junior's YEAR!
                            He won't take money for favors, I've tried that already. He might be the best kid ever, I'd nominate him for sure.

I can't pay him, I'm out of cash. On my monthly tour of the town to pick up the grill I went to the bank machine to print out some money. It was an omen - TEMPORARILY OUT OF SERVICE. That set the tone for the whole day. And I didn't at all feel like driving a lap around the building to hassle with the tellers, trying to prove who I am.

Comment

Consider a gift then.

Comment

Consider a gift then.
                                I've gifted him as best as I could at times. I bought him a new wood body ukulele when I broke his toy one trying to tune it. It broke, but it was in my hands when it happened, so I got him a new one. My fault for touching it, And he has my little 15 watt practice guitar amp that I used at GHI a few times. Not much good until you mic it through the PA system and then it sounds great.

Which brings back memories....my longtime friend in Florida, all those years ago. Their kids are all grown and gone now, kids of their own by now. But way back then their kids were little. There was a ukulele in the house. A plastic toy. Plastic strings. For about two minutes I was actually able to tune it. And I played a short song on it. My buddy's wife was awestruck. I think she would have jumped in the bed with me right then, she was blown away, BIG eyes and astounded. Well, we all have things we can do, to a certain point. It just depends on which things that amaze you.

Comment

Working...
                                X