No announcement yet.

The Shipping Pissedivity Factor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pdub, my mother had a few requirements of her three children before they were "allowed to marry"

1. the couple must assemble a bbq grille, together, without fighting
    2. the couple must either paddle a canoe, or ride a bicycle built for two, without fighting
    3. the couple must either put up, or remove wallpaper from a room, without fighting

If you and superman can assemble that grille (and/or anything from IKEA) without either allot of swearing, allot of alcohol, or both, you're doing better than most!
    Last edited by milner351; June 11, 2019, 11:45 AM.
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
      Pdub, my mother had a few requirements of her three children before they were "allowed to marry"

1. the couple must assemble a bbq grille, together, without fighting
      2. the couple must either paddle a canoe, or ride a bicycle built for two, without fighting
      3. the couple must either put up, or remove wallpaper from a room, without fighting
      That's a great list, your mom knew what she was talking about.

1. I've built maybe a dozen grills but now my mobility makes it questionable.
      2. I once had a canoe but no partner at the time. I never rode a tandem bike, but I wouldn't trust the pilot, even if the pilot was me.
      3. That's a killer. I didn't know how hard that is until I undertook it. Sue Unit stayed out of the way. She heard some brand new cuss words I'm sure.
      Last edited by pdub; June 11, 2019, 02:52 PM.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

This just keeps on getting "better." I think that griddle-grill is built exclusively for retail sale at WalMart only, but I found another online site that had it. So yesterday I established an account and a password and ordered it. I got an email confirmation for the order but they haven't yet hit my credit card. This outfit is in Utah. That's a long ride, I've done that ride on a bicycle and it took a month of pedaling.

So today I logged back in, and it says my order is "processing." But on top of that screen in a big red banner, is a loud proclamation:

WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING ORDERS FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS DUE TO IMPLEMENTATION OF NEW FRAUD PREVENTION MEASURES. UNFORTUNATELY WE HAVE BEEN UNDER ATTACK LATELY. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE THIS MAY OF CAUSED TO OUR LEGITIMATE CUSTOMERS
        Last edited by pdub; June 12, 2019, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Slightly in context, but out of order at this time, too soon. I'll never run out of GHI videos.

Comment

Ohhhhhhh man, I can't believe it. I hit that GHI video on YouTube to make sure it'll run right and I've never seen anything like that before. There's a black bar below the screen with text, closed caption. Trying to follow the song lyrics maybe. What the hell?!?!?!?! Is anybody else seeing that? That's very screwed up, so wrong and I've never seen that before on YouTube. What the heck is going on with that? Or is it only my computer that's been hacked?

Comment

Ohh somebody was absolutely messing with me. Because they can, or because they know how to. Time to throw the computer away and get a new IP addy.

Comment

Never mind. YouTube has a closed caption thing that doesn't work very well. And I stumbled and clicked on it I guess. I'm going to sleep. More later, much later.

Comment

I knew that but didn't want to say anything about another BangShifter.
                  My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                    I knew that but didn't want to say anything about another BangShifter.
                    Hell, go ahead, I'm every bit that stupid. The odd thing is that I like it.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ill.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	1245666
                      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

The best part is finally getting numb to it all, what's all's happening. The GAS (give a shit) factor is gone. Just gone.

Comment

It seems I'll never get that griddle-grill. The new transaction seems doomed, too. But I called the credit card company and fessed up, I said I got credited for that lost shipment twice. They were very thankful for the heads up. I think I could have stolen that money had I stayed quiet about it. But that's not what I'm made of.

The damnedest thing, watching all the cable channels, they keep running advertisements for that grill. There it is again. Like Ed said quite a while back, just go to WallMart and buy it. But I can't, I can't pick the dang thing up to put it on the truck. What a mess we've become at our house, more than I care to describe. Much more than I care to describe.

Comment

If you want the griddle from Wally world, cancel the online order, call your local Walmart, take Bubba over there and they will load it for you...speak to the manager to verify before you do it, but, they do it for people here all the time....
                            Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

try home depot!
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Back to the shipping thing......

The new starter for Truck arrived in mid-afternoon today, exactly on schedule. After I ran some errands and ate dinner I installed it. No problems, no hassle, hit the key and it sounded PERFECT unlike the one I spent over $300 for installed at a local shop. It started the truck, sorta, for about 3 years but always acted weird and sometimes (at random intervals) barely started the truck. I only have a few starts on this new one but it just SOUNDS better. Anyhow, it's from DB Electrical and I can recommend them - total cost, $92, half the price from Advance, etc. I found them on the Internet or you can go to their website.

BTW - the DB starter came with a dyno sheet on THAT particular starter showing RPM vs. amp draw as well as a graph showing the resistance of each segment of the commutator and the brush interface - never seen that before. Helps me feel warm and fuzzy.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X