Barricades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barricades

With all the flooding going on up and down the nation, we're getting lots of water rescues. It seems like it's always a car.

If I was an emergency manger, and I'll never be, I'd instruct everyone, "If somebody drives past a flood warning barricade and starts drowning, do NOT put your own life in danger trying to save them." That's harsh, but that's how I'd handle it. Lots of the responders wouldn't be able to do that, they see trouble and either run or swim towards it. Because that's what they do. If they are somehow successful in the rescue, they are preventing Darwin from doing his work.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

I'm the guy that wants to drive in . Of course I've got alot ot ground clearance and a lot of weight . But no I'm not driving into a swift moving current . Mostly standing water . And I hit it slow as not to drown my engine with splashing water .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
      I'm the guy that wants to drive in . Of course I've got alot ot ground clearance and a lot of weight . But no I'm not driving into a swift moving current . Mostly standing water . And I hit it slow as not to drown my engine with splashing water .
      it must be terrible if to witness. I'd be one to dive in too.

imagine an accident where car is upside down, doors are bent shut.. and its on fire with fuel going into the chassis from the trunk.
      the last screams and thuds of trying to bang their way out.

I mention that as it was a nightmare of mine... don't know where I got it from.
      like the tide coming into someone buried up to their neck

the horror of some things.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I attribute it to that invulnerability one gets from surviving driving in ridiculous snow weather. Heck, it's just a little rain, I've driven through a foot of snow on glare ice.
        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Working...
        X