X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post

Start your own thread.
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

and Corvettes continue to win

Viper - the answer to "what has 10 cylinders and sounds like a tractor?"
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I really don't understand the appropriateness of that video other than why are we wasting our time typing this crap when we could be making videos?
        Last edited by RockJustRock; June 14, 2019, 11:38 AM.
        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

LE MANS, France (June 13, 2019) – In its 20th consecutive appearance at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, Corvette Racing recorded its fastest lap in a decade around the fabled circuit Thursday on the final qualifying day for Saturday and Sunday’s race. Antonio Garcia set a lap of 3:48.830 (132.849 mph) in the No. 63 Mobil 1/SiriusXM Chevrolet Corvette C7.R that was good enough to start third among 17 GTE Pro entries for Saturday’s 3 p.m. CET (9 a.m. ET) race.
          I'm watching the FIA World Endurance Championship on Motortrend right now. There are four categories; two Le Mans Prototype race car categories (LMP1 unrestricted and LMP2 that requires use of the Gibson GK428 4.2 L V8 engine), and two production-based Grand Touring Endurance categories, divided into GTE Pro for teams with professional driver line-ups, and GTE Am for teams featuring a mixture of amateur drivers.

The Chevrolet Corvette C7.R is a grand tourer racing car built by Pratt & Miller and Chevrolet for competition in endurance racing. The 90° naturally aspirated LT5.5 engine displaces 336 cu. in. (5.5 L) with 491 hp @ 6000 RPM, but the car only weighs 2,745 lb. in race form (including driver, fluids and fuel).

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	155.9 KB ID:	1245795

Comment

Is the history lesson over ?
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Nope.

Comment

When are you going to get to Gas Monkey giving 2 Corvettes away for charity?

Comment

Well as my avatar shows i do like a Vette especially the chrome bumper year's ( 68-72 ), had wanted one since I was 8 . Besides my 71 I have a 68 that needs to be be restored but I'll probably have to sell it, to many other projects. Their a pain in the rear to work on but it pays off dropping the top and cruising the back roads, and my son John' Love's it. Now that 63 Grand Sport is a car I wish they would have built.
                  Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                  If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

I think it's funny how many other cars are sporting the dual fender stripes on the left front fenders. Story I heard was at LeMans two Corvettes were entered and the team couldn't tell them apart when they went by. They added the fender stripes to tell which was which.......:LOL......
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                      I think it's funny how many other cars are sporting the dual fender stripes on the left front fenders. Story I heard was at LeMans two Corvettes were entered and the team couldn't tell them apart when they went by. They added the fender stripes to tell which was which.......:LOL......
                      so much of what is popular in mods on cars started as necessity then took on a life of their own.

Comment

Working...
                      X