Morbid or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morbid or no?

the tl;dr is the first owner's ashes are being built into the car in its restoration....
    I'd buy the car and dump the ashes
    42.86%
    I'd integrate the ashes into the rebuild
    28.57%
    That is just too freaky for me
    28.57%
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

too weird.
    40 years on a milltary base after the very young owners head got blown apart in nam would be interesting...

this seems like a martyr tough guy clone story.
    put those ashes back in his family closet.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

“S-Code” car with its 390 cubic-inch V8, 4-speed manual transmission, Trac-Lok differential, original interior and finished in a special order silver-blue paint? Oh yeah I'd buy it and dust in the wind !

Comment

$25K for a car needing a new body? Pretty morbid.
        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
          $25K for a car needing a new body? Pretty morbid.
          they're not even using the body, they are going to use a repro body.....

Comment

I haven't voted yet because I'm still mulling it over. I can't decide. Ashes are just ashes.

I saw a news story quite a while back about a crooked funeral director. He was just dumping all the dead bodies in a pit and then presenting the family with some ashes from his charcoal barbecue grill.

My second ex had an old cat when we hooked up. He got so old and sick we had him put down and cremated. I was still flying model airplanes back then. I built a balsa box that would fit on top of the wing of a trainer plane with rubber bands. The lid was weighted so it would fall open at the apex of a big slow loop. Clear the runway, two laps around the field gaining altitude, then the big slow lazy loop. White dust cloud in the sky. There went Fireball, that's what she wanted to do with the ashes.
            Last edited by pdub; June 14, 2019, 05:26 AM.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

pretty sure "wild willie" is on the seat in a jar at every car show that
              mousy marcellous takes the 'winged express' to....
              i dont think its morbid at all, rather a touching tribute to a friend
              thats gone and really loved his car.

why would that be any different? i would love for my kids to have
              even a super small container of my ashes (like, small enough
              to hang off rearview mirror--just an ounce or two.) on my cars
              that will be theirs when im gone-- and take dad cruising whenever
              they drive them.

my grandma, grandpa, aunties and uncles, cousins, nieces etc
              that have all passed on before me--even when theyre gone, they
              shouldnt be forgotten. they are still important, they still matter.
              at least to me they do.

so its the p.o. you never met...at least you know he was a car guy...
              isnt there some company that takes ashes and makes 'diamonds'
              out of them? id have em make me a BIG one--like1-3/4 to 2 inch diameter-
              and drill it for a shift knob!
              Last edited by fatguyzinc; June 14, 2019, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
                pretty sure "wild willie" is on the seat in a jar at every car show that
                mousy marcellous takes the 'winged express' to....
                i dont think its morbid at all, rather a touching tribute to a friend
                thats gone and really loved his car.

why would that be any different? i would love for my kids to have
                even a super small container of my ashes (like, small enough
                to hang off rearview mirror--just an ounce or two.) on my cars
                that will be theirs when im gone-- and take dad cruising whenever
                they drive them.

my grandma, grandpa, aunties and uncles, cousins, nieces etc
                that have all passed on before me--even when theyre gone, they
                shouldnt be forgotten. they are still important, they still matter.
                at least to me they do.

so its the p.o. you never met...at least you know he was a car guy...
                isnt there some company that takes ashes and makes 'diamonds'
                out of them? id have em make me a BIG one--like1-3/4 to 2 inch diameter-
                and drill it for a shift knob!
                however the owner's children sold the car for 2k to some bloke in California who aged it properly then flipped it for 7k. It was that seller who sold it to the dying Empire.... for 23k. So that brings up 2 issues: 1) there is no relation between the future owner, current owner and the dead guy.... this isn't your kids hauling your fat ashes around, its going to the ash store and picking up some random dead guy. and 2) even if said dead guy was to realize he was being carted about - would that be heaven or hell? He's the dude who let it go to trash and his kids were too stupid to realize the value of a rare mustang fastback.... now he's in some country that does even have decent coffee and whose general aesthetic is of past greatness and current failure.... much like dead guy. Point is, now he's being reminded that he's a failure.... of course, that brings the final issue which is spending 23k for a title.... I think I've figured it out, though, the English love things that were once great but now utter failure.
                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; June 14, 2019, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                  ... this isn't your kids hauling your fat ashes around............

you B@ST#RD

Comment

Mustang....restored......XXXL ashtray full.

Comment

Originally posted by malc View Post
                      Mustang....restored......XXXL ashtray full.
                      Yes. The mason jar isn't the most fitting tribute to the guy.
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                      X