No announcement yet.

Goodbye San Diego, Hello Seattle-ish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually.…. This one is diesel/electric though.

Bluehost - Top rated web hosting provider - Free 1 click installs For blogs, shopping carts, and more. Get a free domain name, real NON-outsourced 24/7 support, and superior speed. web hosting provider php hosting cheap web hosting, Web hosting, domain names, front page hosting, email hosting. We offer affordable hosting, web hosting provider business web hosting, ecommerce hosting, unix hosting. Phone support available, Free Domain, and Free Setup.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PI12-2.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	1246741
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
      The process that the United States Navy uses to dispose of decommissioned nuclear vessels is called the Ship/Submarine Recycling Program, which takes place only at the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard in Bremerton, Washington.
      So THAT'S what's wrong with that place. Did not know that went on there.
      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

I want a speedometer...

Comment

Originally posted by BangShift McT View Post

So THAT'S what's wrong with that place. Did not know that went on there.
          joke all you wish, it's an amazing sight to see all the aircraft carriers lined up at the yard....
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

No funny boy.

The process that the United States Navy uses to dispose of decommissioned nuclear vessels is called the Ship/Submarine Recycling Program, which takes place only at the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard in Bremerton, Washington. The vessel's nuclear fuel is removed, and is shipped by rail to the Naval Reactor Facility in the Idaho National Laboratory, located near Idaho Falls, Idaho, where it is stored in special canisters.

Then salvage workers cut the submarine into three or four pieces: the aft section, the reactor compartment, the missile compartment if one exists, and the forward section. Missile compartments are dismantled according to the provisions of the Strategic Arms Reductions Treaty.

Once the reactor compartment is removed, it is sealed at both ends and shipped by barge and multiple-wheel high-capacity trailers to the Department of Energy's Hanford Nuclear Reservation in Washington state, where they are kept in open dry storage, but slated to eventually be buried. The remaining submarine sections are recycled, all hazardous and toxic wastes are identified and removed, reusable equipment is removed and put into inventory. Scrap metals and all other materials are sold to private companies.
            Man, you know more about it than I do! Its gonna be a big learning experience for me getting up there
            Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Kammback View Post
              Its gonna be a big learning experience for me getting up there
              when are you going to be here?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Kammback View Post
                Man, you know more about it than I do! Its gonna be a big learning experience for me getting up there
                I was an Electronics Technician in the Navy's Nuclear Training Program.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

when are you going to be here?
                  In a couple of weeks, I don't have to report until the 13th, but I don't want to burn up all of my leave
                  Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

I have been privately called out by a member via PM, questioning my credibility because of the post describing submarine recycling. But why not go public and share the love? They say it was a cut-and-paste job from Wikipedia and not my original writing and to that accusation, I say; they are absolutely correct.

I was in the USN and the Nuclear Power program over 42 years ago and a lot of water has passed under that bridge (and a lot of alcohol has passed these lips). I wanted to ensure my memory was accurate, as well as any changes that might have taken place over the ensuing years, were up to date. As it turned out, my memory sucked and lots of things have changed.

I was not submitting a thesis paper for college credit nor publishing a book, but noting the source for information used on an online forum seems to still be important to some people, so I will endeavor to do so in the future. I hope this clarification goes a long way in satisfying my accuser, by ensuring I get absolutely zero credit for my post (whatever that may be). My sincerest apologies to anyone and everyone who were unduly impressed.

PS - all of this post's content was originally written by myself, without any external resources and all credit (whatever that may be) should go to said author.

Comment

PS - all of this post's content was originally written by myself, without any external resources and all credit (whatever that may be) should go to said author.
                      Tha’s a great signature line if I ever saw one. Mind if I use it?

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

You drive a Corvette, your credibility is without question. Taste? well, that's open to discussion..... but since astronauts drive Corvettes, their honesty and integrity are without question.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                          You drive a Corvette, your credibility is without question.
                          Sooo, he OWNS a Corvette but I haven't seen any verifiable proof that he drives it!

Comment

What say...since this thread was just from a cool young guy telling us he was moving...we don't go mess it all up, and instead go back and delete a couple of posts that the thread really doesn't need? Including this one? The -original- #14 could stay because if anyone was -offended- by it, they didn't make an issue here.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Sooo, he OWNS a Corvette but I haven't seen any verifiable proof that he drives it!
                              good point

Comment

Working...
                              X