Dead Camaro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Camaro?

When was the last time anyone saw a Gen 4 F body hot rodded? Crappy underhood space, crappy interior space, crappy tire clearance. Hard to believe now those things were raced at all back then. Did the rise of the Fox Body happen because the Gen 4 was so awful? Seems like when it went away nobody missed it.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

I still see 'em around, at-least one a day. Cat-back exhaust and wheels are typical, not much more as they have to smog cert. They're OK cars but the passenger side especially is some funky seating 'cause of the converter under the floor right there. Although I didn't care for them at all when they first came out, seemed like a missed opportunity to build something really special, we were at the Chevy dealer in '96 looking at new Z-28s, stuffing myself into the back seat killed it. For the size car it's bad back there. I did spend a couple hours in the back seat of a buddy's LS1 T56 Trans Am, somehow once I got used to it, it wasn't that bad. I think he hit 130 at one point, on the freeway near San Luis Obispo - two in the morning. I must've check my seat belt over and over.

The smaller Sebring we ended up with (wife wanted a car with mpg anyhow) had better seating, front and rear. But...put it this way...if we'd bought the Camaro we'd still have it. The Chrysler, long gone.

The '94 Trans Am I bought a couple years ago to part out was some hell to take apart, especially under the dash. I can't imagine having to put a heater core into one of those.
    Last edited by Loren; June 25, 2019, 04:02 PM.

Comment

My work car for about 6 years was a '94. LT1, 6-speed. I sold it when I retired in January, but frankly, I miss it. One of my favorite cars, but it was difficult to work on..........

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
        Did the rise of the Fox Body happen because the Gen 4 was so awful?
        The fox body ended production the same year as the fourth gen was introduced...the following was already strong at that point..
        58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

Comment

are you always a confrontational jerk?
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

If he was more positive focused, rather than negative, I'll bet he'd be awesome ... but positive doesn't piss everyone else off, does it ?

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
              My work car for about 6 years was a '94. LT1, 6-speed. I sold it when I retired in January, but frankly, I miss it. One of my favorite cars, but it was difficult to work on..........

I'm clearly doing the "work car" thing all wrong!
              Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
              74 Nova Project
              66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
              79 Chevy Truck Project
              1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                If he was more positive focused, rather than negative, I'll bet he'd be awesome ... but positive doesn't piss everyone else off, does it ?
                but it's so hard to be nice.... frankly the reason I even bothered to respond was to let WarShrike know that I am not in support of this crap... I don't honestly care what the OP thinks of that...

Comment

What can I say?

Comment

Actually.... Before SBG's little outburst I did spend time thinking about an upside. I mean, they didn't sell too badly. Where did all those cars GO?

And I guess I need to expand on something I said. I don't like later C3 Corvettes, or 2nd or 4th Gen Camaros. You can't make me.

I guess I'll never be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                      I guess I need to expand on something I said. I don't like later C3 Corvettes, or 2nd or 4th Gen Camaros. You can't make me.
                      We are not trying to convince you or make you like anything. We are talking about things that we like ... so why don't you ?

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

We are not trying to convince you or make you like anything. We are talking about things that we like ... so why don't you ?
                        Want uglies to hate? Subscribe to Left Coast Gassers on fb. They have pretty cool gassers and some that make you go hmmm...
                        So in that vein, I like gassers...

Comment

Comment

and speaking of which, they are dead, again

Comment

Fourth generation F-bodies seem to have a fairly decent presence in the small tire drag racing world. They didn't sell in the same sort of numbers as the Mustangs from the same year range, though; these were not the most common cars to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                              X