Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Generation Camaro? (1st doesn't count)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, the thing that sticks in my mind is if you start hanging body panels on this the easiest way to make them fit you'll end up with something looking like a Gen 3 F body. I know, I know, drag cars aren't the only thing important, but they are tough to ignore.

Click image for larger version

Name:	chassis2.gif
Views:	43
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	1246933
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
      Originally posted by Monster View Post
      1967-1969
      C'mon, other people can make rules..... So, you hate the rest equally?
      Okay, okay ... fair enough. If you are going to exclude my favorite Gen Camaro, my second favorite is the Seventh.
      I try to keep hate out of my life.

Comment

Positivity is one thing but any numbskull can say "FIRST dude!".
        Click image for larger version  Name:	numbskull.JPG Views:	1 Size:	39.2 KB ID:	1246959

Have owned five first-gens, zero others. Simply, the preference.
        Last edited by Loren; June 28, 2019, 08:08 AM.

Comment

I've owned a lot of cars, but the 3rd gen Camaros were the only ones that reproduced. I had 3, I bought 3 from auction - however, a couple weeks after they were delivered from the tow company I walked out to my storage lot and found 7. Called my buddy at the tow company and he said no one bid on the other 4 so he figured I'd want them .... some friend he was...
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            I've owned a lot of cars, but the 3rd gen Camaros were the only ones that reproduced. I had 3, I bought 3 from auction - however, a couple weeks after they were delivered from the tow company I walked out to my storage lot and found 7.

Comment

I grew up watching a bunch of Knight Rider. So I'm going to say third generation, even if I prefer the Firebird from that era.

Comment

I prefer the 2nd gen, probably not the "best" but I just really like the lines, even the big bumper mid-seventies versions
                look cool to me.

Comment

which ever generation is in the crusher at the time

Comment

Yeah, the thing that sticks in my mind is if you start hanging body panels on this the easiest way to make them fit you'll end up with something looking like a Gen 3 F body. I know, I know, drag cars aren't the only thing important, but they are tough to ignore.

Click image for larger version

Name:	chassis2.gif
Views:	43
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	1246933
                    So you’re basing “ the best” generation of camaro, not on how they were when they left the factory, but how good the body panels fit around a pipe rack?
                    58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

Comment

The way the design as it left the factory suited itself to higher level racing applications, yes.
                      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post

So you’re basing “ the best” generation of camaro, not on how they were when they left the factory, but how good the body panels fit around a pipe rack?
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Funny, I'm not that wild about first gens. They were ruined for me by Chevrolet when I worked there. The Vega prototypes consisted of a Vega drivetrain stuffed into Gen 1 Camaro bodies that were stripped to weigh what a Vega would weigh. These were noisy and the automatic trans ones literally didn't have the power to pull themselves out of the parking spaces (the parking spaces slanted downward so that there was a sort of paved ditch where the parking bumpers were). If we were assigned a Vega you had to get a couple of other drivers to help push it out of the parking spot so you could start your shift. In addition, all the interior was stripped and therefore were noisy and annoying to spend an 8 hour shift in with the Belgian Block loop being a special treat.

So anyhow, 1st. Gens bring back those memories and I can't seem to shake that out of my noggin making them less than desirable to me.

Now my '78 LSR car w/250" six was kinda fun.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                            I'm not that wild about first gens. They were ruined for me by Chevrolet when ... a Vega drivetrain stuffed into Gen 1 Camaro bodies that were stripped to weigh what a Vega would weigh.
                            Strange that this test mule caused such dislike.
                            Even weirder is; that you then selected a Vega-like underpowered Camaro to race.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                              Strange that this test mule caused such dislike.
                              Even weirder is; that you then selected a Vega-like underpowered Camaro to race.
                              That underpowered Camaro holds the Maxton E/CPRO record and always will. It was fun.

Comment

An absolutely awesome diversionary reply .. well distracted.

Comment

Working...
                                X