Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye

Starting to get really tired of the GMC truck add featuring Steam's 1969 hit song, showing their new reinvented flip-flop tailgate and it makes me wonder if that would be enough to bring in new buyers.

What do you guys think ?

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	74.2 KB ID:	1247406

Probably not a bad idea given that I'm an old guy and it gets harder and harder to get into the bed of my pickup. Still, I doubt that would sway me to buy a GMC over some other make. Also, I can't help but wonder how durable all that linkage will prove to be.

Comment

1. I view it as a sales gimmick. +
      2. Notice the 'step' is the same level as the bumper step. +
      3. I'm 73 so I have bought my last new truck. =
      Not interested.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Probably be ok in warm climate, think snow,freezing rain would cause great problems like not opening up!

Comment

The song? It was nearly dead on MY radar when it became a popular marching cadence for platoons nearing the end of training at Parris Island. Better than I'm going to heaven because I've done my time in hell, I guess...

Tailgates? If they get used a lot they wear out. If not they get stuck. To properly bush all those joints would be very expensive so I'd guess they're the same as the basic hinges, troublesome. Tailgate hardware is always just a bit better than hood hardware but never nearly as good as door hardware. Depends on what gets opened the most.

Does anybody climb in instead of just reaching into the bed of a pickup THAT often? Really annoying in that most truck buyers don't NEED one anyways, that's why they stick four doors on 'em.

One point. NO WAY could you make that out of aluminum so Ford won't be copying it.
          Last edited by RockJustRock; July 3, 2019, 12:21 PM.
          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Sales gimmick, most the " highway trucks " hardly even use the back bed, besides if I can sit on my tailgate I can get into the bed, if I can't sit on the tailgate I don't want it.
            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

and how many tow the capacity of their new, dually trucks? if need were the criteria, none of those cowboy Cadillacs would ever sell.
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

77 chevy flatbed 8X12... Got 2 recievers on it and steps in them, or just step on the reciever...
                I carry a step ladder!

Comment

my dad is 68 years old. we both laughed at this trying it out.
                  I don't get it.

my uncle, weighing at 300 pounds and 5 foot 7 used to roll in like a giant basketball if he had to.

I guess there is market for it. I think trucks are for everybody, the older I get... surviving the rodent height off the ground, retarded tin can theories.. a lot more people will know trucks are for them too.

my grandma was 5 foot 2 and loved her jeeps.
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Watched a few commercials now with "new eyes".
                    Ok..who is truely level when you need to get in the back of the pickup?
                    I'm always one way or the other. Foot slip off or slam into the steps on the way up..

Comment

Actually..... The step is too thin so it will fit in the tailgate which is too thick.

Comment

NOW I'm bemused.... You can put a Bluetooth speaker in it!

Kicker / GM part number 19417163. New in the box Kicker Multipro Tailgate Sound System. Features waterproof amp hidden in the tailgate, Bluetooth ready. Does not interfere with the multi pro tailgate.

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	269.4 KB
ID:	1247472

Comment

Party rigggg!
                          No way will that live here!

Comment

It’s a cool idea and the step is a bit lower than the bottom of the bumper, but I just see more moving parts to break and cause trouble. I like my 85 C10, simple, solid, and useful as hell. I really need to get it back on the road.

As for influencing me to me to buy it? Nah. I doubt I’ll be getting a brand new truck anytime soon. If I did, that would not be on the list of features I want.
                            I'm probably wrong

Comment

Working...
                            X