anyone good at mathing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone good at mathing?

ok, after a heated discussion with a retarded friend (and i put myself solidly in that category too...)
    heres the dealio--

my mom had 3 dogs. she just got a 4th one, and i remarked how much more it seemed to take
    to feed that 1 extra dog. my friend said "well. yeah--it just went up by 25%"... i said, no, it went
    up by 33%--and heres how my bizarre reasoning works...

if theoretically it cost $99 to feed 3 dogs for a month, thats $33/dog. adding 1 more dog doesnt
    make it go up $25 (25% of $100--or $99 in this case) it went up another $33. thats 1/3, or 33.333333333%....

now if it was $100 per month to feed 4 dogs ($25/dog) and you added a 5THdog, it would indeed be a $25
    increase--and 25% added, as 100 divided by 4 is 25--$ or %, same deal.

keep in mind i have been hit in the head ALOT, and freely and willingly admit to not being the sharpest
    tool in the shed. but am i just being dumb here, or is an increase from 3 to 4 really 33%, not 25%...

these are the things that keep me awake at night.........

it went up by 33%, but getting rid of the dog would only drop the food bill by 25%.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Sounds like a great question for FaceBook ... just imagine the entertainment value of all those wondrous replies !

Comment

Mathing? You need help with spelling, too.
        Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Check in with Walt DuMont (did I spell his name right?). He knows all about them numbers and went to school recently enough that he knows all the modern math stuff. And I like "mathing".

Dan

Comment

In England they call it "maths"
            My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
              Mathing? You need help with spelling, too.

When a statement is "tongue in cheek" it is ironic, slyly humorous; it is not meant to be taken seriously, however its sarcasm is subtle. Though not meant to be taken seriously, it is not overt joking or kidding around, it is "gently poking fun". A "tongue in cheek" statement may have a double meaning, some sort of inuendo or is witty in some way, particularly to the speaker. The tone or the context of the statement may make it to be taken seriously by the listener. It's origin comes from when Spanish minstrels would perform for various dukes in the 18th century; these dukes would silently chastise the silliness of the minstrel's performances by placing their tongue firmly to the inside of their cheek.

despite being mildly mental i DO actually realize its not "mathing"....
              i was poking fun at myself in a rednecky sort of way. here, have a crayon-
              persunally mah favureets the red 'uns, causen they tastes like cherry....

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                Sounds like a great question for FaceBook ... just imagine the entertainment value of all those wondrous replies !
                i sense just a bit of sarcasm there buddy....

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                  it went up by 33%, but getting rid of the dog would only drop the food bill by 25%.
                  YES !! because starting with 4 and removing one IS actually 1/4th, or 25%.
                  (evil james bond villan laugh) i was right ahahh hah hah hah hah........

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
                    i sense just a bit of sarcasm there buddy.
                    Ahhh, no. I was being completely serious. Have you never read comments to posts like math word problems ?

Comment

you're mathing is ok, but these two girls have some issues

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

Ahhh, no. I was being completely serious. Have you never read comments to posts like math word problems ?
                        taint got no facebook account, so no.... but i bet its 'unique' there.

Comment

The stupidity of the general public knows no bounds
                          My fabulous web page

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	fblook.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	1247926
                            My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment