Mopar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mopar

Okay, I've had enough. Before they were a quirky 3rd automaker that had the occasional hit, now it seems everything (but what the majority are building and driving) is Mopar.

Seriously, there's only so much room in an engine compartment.

And while we're at it.... that Jeep Gladiator - it's fun to watch the hype and the poor saps that are finding out why leaf springs, rather then a panhard bar, is what in most pickups....
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; July 13, 2019, 06:17 PM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

and I'm bored. This should solve it

Comment

I've always been a Genital Motors guy.. Not so much anymore though.. I love wife's JK (wife does too). I don't like the fact that I'll eventually be replacing the stupid piece of crap plastic oil filter/cooler housing (that breaks during oil changes, and sometimes just breaks all by itself at 8k miles) and is located under the lower intake. I don't, won't do Ferds, never have. I smashed a lot of those at the junkyard for various stupid crap issues (usually bad motor/trans, electrical nightmares, etc)..

Gladiators... that's a huge LOL! Don't they have like a 155" wheelbase? First thing I thought when I saw the 2dr version was, oh.. a Jeep truck, cool.., then I saw the 4dr version and thought big pile of long underpowered crap. I really don't like 'cars' in general anymore. I like AMC's. I am sofa king we todd did I guess.. Dunno... I think if I was gonna buy a 'car' I'd buy Korean. They have decent warranties and don't catch on fire too often. They're not long piles of crap either, more like small, short piles.

I'm bored too BTW. I helped wife paint our new front door for the house today. It turned out nice. I like new house doors

Comment

the size of the pile does matter

Comment

When I think Mopar I think consistency. They've treated Jeep pretty much the same. To me they malaised less than the others. They compacted less than the others and they've styling blobbed out less than the others. They've supported Drag Racing as much or more than the others. Just good old Mopar...
          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

been a long time since they sold normal replacement parts for the 60s/70s models (which is all we have ever owned). So don't really care too much one way or the other what they do. It's cool that they're making quick cars and sponsoring events I'm interested in (like Drag Week).

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

AND they show their cars doing long smokey burnouts on TV.

Comment

That part of it doesn't do much for me. But I suppose it impresses some folks, or they probably wouldn't be doing it.
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I'll just leave this here...
                  https://www.autoblog.com/2019/07/11/...-chevy-camaro/ Click image for larger version

Name:	af821180-a41b-11e9-8b9d-60713df11750.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	1248116
                  1000 HP at 70K pricepoint through Chevy dealers?! YEAH
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Wow, gosh, gee whiz, 50 of them, huh? That IS a big deal.

Funny about the price. The 2019 version prices were ON TOP of the car cost. Interesting how they are changing this up.
                    Last edited by RockJustRock; July 14, 2019, 10:40 AM.

Comment

I'm guessing they'll get snapped up in a hurry! A Lot of Bang for the Buck!
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

If Road and Track and others are right about the $69K Yenkos Chevrolet must be DONATING the base vehicles. If they can upgrade their image for a mere $2.5 million for 50 Camaros it might be a good deal. That won't buy a lot of tire smoking TV time.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                          If Road and Track and others are right about the $69K Yenkos Chevrolet must be DONATING the base vehicles. If they can upgrade their image for a mere $2.5 million for 50 Camaros it might be a good deal. That won't buy a lot of tire smoking TV time.
                          not sure I understand you math - are you saying a base model camaro is ~$50K?

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

not sure i understand you math - are you saying a base model camaro is ~$50k?
                            ss 1le

Comment

They build a cool affordable RWD sedan and nice trucks and their Jeeps still can go off road. Good in my book.

Comment

Working...
                              X