Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griping

I'm filling in for Peewee here.

I just washed Vanna the '99 Ford raised roof van using one of those extending car wash brushes and now I'm WHOPPED! Some times I forget how old I really am and I just got a reminder. Doesn't help that it's 90+*F outside and about the same dew point (scuba gear would not be out of place out there). I like hot weather and if I'd been standing around drinking a Caffeine-Free Diet Coke (my beverage of choice) I'd have been good with it but that wash brush works you HARD!

Enough whining for now.....

Dan

I hope that extra hot comes our way. lucky to see 80 something.

ready to thrash an old frame rail like a rubber twig... just needs 90F for a few days.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Long Beach has only had a day or two over 80 all summer. I think we are being rewarded over our concern about the climate and the rest of the WORLD is being punished... Should be an interesting hurricane season. 7.1 quake, in the middle of nowhere and no fatalities save for one truck falling off jacks. We are blessed.
      Last edited by RockJustRock; July 14, 2019, 03:55 PM.
      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

My car said it was 101 this afternoon. I didn't do any heavy lifting out side today.
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
        ​​​​​​

Comment

That sounds gripe worthy. We're on our way home from Vegas. Sun is near the horizon, thermometer says 106. Ac in the Tahoe is working just fine.
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

86 today. Slightly tepid my good people.
            My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
              Long Beach has only had a day or two over 80 all summer. I think we are being rewarded over our concern about the climate and the rest of the WORLD is being punished... Should be an interesting hurricane season. 7.1 quake, in the middle of nowhere and no fatalities save for one truck falling off jacks. We are blessed.
              you know I predict cali with what maine does.
              a strange thing I have been doing since learning sun cycles... about 30 years.
              no doubt a coastal thing... just opposite ends and flows.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                That sounds gripe worthy. We're on our way home from Vegas. Sun is near the horizon, thermometer says 106. Ac in the Tahoe is working just fine.
                Yeah, but that's a DRY heat!

Dan

Comment

yup, although it's starting to be rainy season, and the humidity is creeping up over 30% in the afternoons.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                    yup, although it's starting to be rainy season, and the humidity is creeping up over 30% in the afternoons.
                    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                      I'm filling in for Peewee here.

Dan
                      What, me gripe? Nah, I never gripe. At times I have projected a perhaps negative opinion about a real situation, but I've never griped. It's all based on facts. Measurable things with opinion and perception involved, that's all it is.
                      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

What, me gripe? Nah, I never gripe. At times I have projected a perhaps negative opinion about a real situation, but I've never griped. It's all based on facts. Measurable things with opinion and perception involved, that's all it is.

Wow..PeeWee... You aren't buried in 5 tons of paper pulp after all! Glad to hear from you!
                        Last edited by silver_bullet; July 15, 2019, 03:39 PM.
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                          Wow..PeeWee... You aren't buried in 5 tons of paper pulp after all! Glad to hear from you!
                          I've been tied up with other things. Just to fire a shot over the keel for general effect.
                          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

I've been tied up with other things. Just to fire a shot over the keel for general effect.
                            PM sent

Comment

I am about 2 hours inland from Dan and it is gripe worthy HOT here. 98 here today with a feels like temp of 106! It is supposed to be this hot for the next 10 days. Washing the car is ridiculous as water, soap etc dries before you can rinse, dry etc. Grass crunches when you walk on it. Oh well, it could be worse. We could be fighting hurricane winds and rain or the like. I try to remember when gripping that somebody, some place has it worse off than I do.

Comment

Working...
                              X