Stiney, did you know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stiney, did you know?

Explore the 2024 Chevy Express Vans equipped with the ability to haul equipment, comfortable & spacious for up to 15 passengers, & two powerful engine choices.

that you can order a brand new Chevrolet van with a 2.8 diesel (a mini-d)?

that'd almost be enough to make me buy one... $33,000 brand new. I've been looking for an overland/dog carrier/trailing convention RV.... this could easily be it - lots cheaper then the Sprinter vans.... $55k for 4x4...
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

I actually did know that - did a lot of research on them before buying the '18 6.0L I have now. There are a few of them on the used market, GM spec'd them out for internal use at the factories? Very low miles, 12-passenger, but just not enough top-end grunt for me is what I decided.

Maybe I am wrong but several diesel guys said that engine would have a hard time doing 85mph for 6 hours pulling a trailer.

It sure got my attention when I first saw the diesel option and the price together though! OoooLaaLaa!

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

makes me laugh when people tell me they think the 2.8 mini-d is slow....

Comment

So talk to me....... the thinking was not so much slow, but rather somewhat rev limited and perhaps gear bound coupled with defueling parameters.
        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

lots of gears fixes that problem... van gets 8 gears rather then the 6 i have

Comment

Working...
          X