Ford still can't build an LS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford still can't build an LS3

7.3L to do what 6.2 does... the other weird thing, it has pushrods - I thought no pushrods was the wave of the future.

clearly someone's head exploded on this announcement
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Ok , I'll bite . They have the same hp at 430 but the 7.3 has 475 torque compared to 424 for the LS3 . And torque is what it's about in a truck . What am I not seeing ?
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

there was a lawyer from Oklahoma who proclaimed pushrods were dead and Ford was leading the way. To me this is Ford waving the white flag and going LS

Comment

Not all lawyers are created equal ..... just like mechanics ....
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
          Not all lawyers are created equal ..... just like mechanics ....
          There use to be a lawyer that hated LESSes!

Wonder what happened to him?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            there was a lawyer from Oklahoma who proclaimed pushrods were dead and Ford was leading the way. To me this is Ford waving the white flag and going LS
            Can't say that would hurt my feeling. The mod motors are loaded up with too many bells and whistles. Plastic timing chain guides don't last. Then they put the motor in a car that was not designed for it and the value covers are a pain to get off.

The newer LS motors are not except from introduction of fatal flaws in the name of mpg. I know a couple people that lost motors due to DOD failures.

I hope it sells great so there will be tons of them on the used market for hotroders it 10-15 years
            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
            ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post

I hope it sells great so there will be tons of them on the used market for hotroders it 10-15 years
              This makes me wonder - what happened to the Chrysler 4.7l engines? Seems like they did a lot of development and only made them a few years which is expensive for an automaker. Never heard of any performance potential for the 4.7. Wasn't it based off their V6?

Dan

Comment

Truck only engines, bah! I had to look up the 4.7. My guess is the Gen 3 Hemi was so much of an easier sell. If God had meant for engines to have many camshafts he would have made them easier to spin.
                My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

There use to be a lawyer that hated LESSes!

Wonder what happened to him?
                  He's waiting for his new Corvette

Comment

He's teaching Ford History at a community college, Sorry if you guys miss him.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                      He's teaching Ford History at a community college, Sorry if you guys miss him.
                      President Ford was an interesting President...

Comment

I feel like it might have been me that made him leave. Speedy, not President Ford. Well, maybe both.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                          I feel like it might have been me that made him leave. Speedy, not President Ford. Well, maybe both.
                          blame it on the pushrods.... that said, the reality is he is also a photographer of all things automotive - so summertime is a very busy time for him.... he just come here when he's bored
                          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 4, 2019, 02:26 PM.

Comment

An additional thought (going back to the thread title). WHY would Ford build an LS anything? Someone else is doing that. Is the new Ford pushrod engine as good or better? We'll just have to wait and find out. The LS I installed was a bundle of problems and what I learned is that they're fussy regarding their oiling systems but DO make great power once you get them fully primed and running. So how will the new Ford work/run?....... Patience.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                              An additional thought (going back to the thread title). WHY would Ford build an LS anything? Someone else is doing that. Is the new Ford pushrod engine as good or better? We'll just have to wait and find out. The LS I installed was a bundle of problems and what I learned is that they're fussy regarding their oiling systems but DO make great power once you get them fully primed and running. So how will the new Ford work/run?....... Patience.

Dan
                              You forget professor, the boys you are addressing are only proficient in Attention Deficit Disorder ....patience is not a virtue.....
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                              X