Cool Canadian challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Canadian challenge

Drink lots of beer, smoke lots of cigarettes and race two cars to the end of the driveway.... those two cars - 1950 Straight 8 cars... one is a Packard the other a Buick....

here's part 3
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

and a bit more selling..
    part 2

part 1

what I like about this - this isn't roadkill where they barely make it run then throw thousands of dollars at parts at something for a "junkyard" build.... not to spoil too much, but the fix an oil pump.... fix, not rebuild, fix.... if you're interested in how old cars work - this is it....

Comment

not really sure I would call that fixing the pump, more just cleaning it, but that's still pretty cool!
      "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

1985 Pontiac Fiero, 3.5 V6 turbo, 5 speed
      1988 Suburban, 350 TBI 700r4, 4x4
      2006 2500 HD 6.0 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by ejs262 View Post
        not really sure I would call that fixing the pump, more just cleaning it, but that's still pretty cool!
        roadkill would simply try to start the motor and when it didn't turn replace it with something else... how they got the piston to move initially was pretty cool too.... but for that you need to watch part 2

Comment

Loving this series! Hope they both run and drive.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

roadkill would simply try to start the motor and when it didn't turn replace it with something else... how they got the piston to move initially was pretty cool too.... but for that you need to watch part 2
            I already watched all of them, pretty cool stuff.
            "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

1985 Pontiac Fiero, 3.5 V6 turbo, 5 speed
            1988 Suburban, 350 TBI 700r4, 4x4
            2006 2500 HD 6.0 4x4

Comment

Working...
            X