This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New car mechanics and tuners

*IF* smog regulations are rolled back what can be gained? An "expert" is saying new car prices would fall by $3K. Short of going back to carburetors and no cats or computers I don't see it. Mileage and performance yes, cost reduction, no.
    Last edited by RockJustRock; August 21, 2019, 04:31 PM.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

I think they may be realizing the recycle stuff is insane.
    plain old carbon even cleans a fish tank.

I follow trump on twitter...
    a lot like hot rodders, he does not like Calis attempt at standards at all.
    quite blunt in the opinions.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I didn't want to go there. Let's stick to "expert". The rollback would be fine, but I doubt Detroit would retool much for it. The best to be hoped for would be a killer tune standard and a few less add ons.

I'll add the rollback DID take place. Our "expert" is complaining because CARB standards were NOT rolled back and Detroit isn't changing ANYTHING yet. Hard to believe Dodge didn't whip up a few 49 state SRT and Hellcat packages.

On related tangents I wonder if the rollback goes down to the other states testing levels and aftermarket tuners could sell packages to exploit them.
      Last edited by RockJustRock; August 22, 2019, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Flirting ever closer to the political here is Forbes. I still question the $3,000 figure our "expert" touted. Even though a lot has gone down I'd say THIS article is what set him to tweeting.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisette.../#2a32a1834ce7

I'm baffled because part of the time the article speaks of gas mileage and others emissions.

Is the "expert" saying "California Sucks" political? Maybe we just call him T? Saying the guy said something I feel is dumb would REALLY be political so I keep him un-named.
        Last edited by RockJustRock; August 22, 2019, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Mr. T is right and the car companies are being dictated to by California and I don't want anything from that "shit hole". I'll keep my 50 year old cars and I'll still be driving long after that sun burst takes out all the electronics.
          Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
          The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
            Mr. T is right ....
            Dave - say it ain't so - don't tell me you have glued on a Mohawk and bought 50 lbs of gold chains.

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
            ... I don't want anything from that "shit hole".....
            Perhaps if California could have done a better job of not allowing such a high rate of infiltration from the "other" 48 states it would not be quite as messed up as it is now!

Comment

I have no elected representatives in California, nor does the vast majority of the electorate of the United States of America.

The time is way overdue that California was informed of that fact. They refuse to listen to reason as they much prefer the bully approach when dictating the beliefs of the few to the majority.

President Trump is merely performing the duties he was elected to perform. Unfortunately for sensitive sensibilities of the few, he must speak in a manner they cannot ignore.

The current carb choosing to ignore elected change is merely more proof of their arrogance.
              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I only wanted to find out opinions on the $3,000 statement, but you guys enjoy yourselves until the hammer falls.

Comment

Working...
                X