We Saw a Tesla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Saw a Tesla

I figured that the dash cam would come in handy someday. We were stopped at the traffic light up the street from our house yesterday and Unit asked, "What kind of car is that?" ..the car in the right turn lane. Hmmm.... the trunk badge is a "T."

I'm guessing that's a Tesla Model 3 from extensive 20-second Google research. I'd never seen one on the street, any Tesla. It's hard to see the Kindig-style door handles. And I'm wondering if those are aftermarket wheels on it. But I'm not wondering whether or not I want one. Big nope. But somebody in Cleveland has one, visual proof.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tesla.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	367.3 KB
ID:	1250238

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

It's not uncommon to see them in the Raleigh area. I have a friend from college that got one in the spring. Took us for a ride. It will set you back in your seat. I would not mind having one but I am sure by the time they get in my price range I would not trust them.
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

Comment

Wasn't burning.......that's a good thing.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

When we were at the Mississippi Valley Fair, one of their larger sedans arrived... not so sure if I am sold on the whole idea of gull-wing rear doors on a four door with standard doors on the front.... still won't own one if I have a choice about it...
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I've seen a few in Wichita. Always black for some reason. Very quiet, of course. And not on fire..... yet.
          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

We have quite a few big 4 doors in indy . I like that they're out there . I just dont need one .
            Last edited by Dan Barlow; August 24, 2019, 04:50 PM.
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I live within 20mi of the plant that makes these things. They are and have been everywhere since they came out. The Model X with the "falcon wing doors" are even uglier than the Subaru Tribeca or the Lincoln MKX. The Model 3's have that stupid, iPad on the dash thing that unfortunately appears to be catching on as the Ford EcoSport CUV thing I had as a rental had one too. The Model S is a decent looking and somewhat practical seeming car I'll grant you.
              Central TEXAS Sleeper
              USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Truck driving buddy took me on a run. "TESLA, Look another one"
                Me? Blank...

Comment

There are quite a few in Wilmington. One of the Docs at Florida Proton had one and I had a chance to look it over (well, just the exterior and what I could see thru the windows) and it looked pretty nice in terms of fit, finish, and design. Don't feel a need for one......

Dan

Comment

There are a few around here, but there is not a dealer. I think the biggest detractor for Tesla is that I can see is the lack of charging stations. If I spend that much on a vehicle I want to put it on the highway, but I am not sure that yet is possible. Now I might be even more interested in the new VW electric van when it comes out, still I would want to know that I could drive it a few hundred miles without panic over needing a charge and not being able to find one.

Comment

my paralegal has a Model S. They quick cars, that is for certain... too bad they're so terrible for the environment.... of course, I also recommended my parents get a Volt to replace my mom's car. I suspect I'll inherit it someday - they love it. To me I think for certain demographics they work - and honestly, I suppose I could rage for days at how terrible they are for the world - but if I did that, all I'd be is permanently mad....
                      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 24, 2019, 07:25 PM.
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                        my paralegal has a Model S. They quick cars, that is for certain... too bad they're so terrible for the environment.... of course, I also recommended my parents get a Volt to replace my mom's car. I suspect I'll inherit it someday - they love it. To me I think for certain demographics they work - and honestly, I suppose I could rage for days at how terrible they are for the world - but if I did that, all I'd be is permanently mad....
                        Well, in the 'save the environment' department, they contribute as much or more hydrocarbon than my plain ole Detroit sheet metal and steel.
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post

Well, in the 'save the environment' department, they contribute as much or more hydrocarbon than my plain ole Detroit sheet metal and steel.
                          I agree, but like them or not, they're potential hot rodders too - anyone who buys a car for some other attribute other then transportation thinks like us.... or are you going to argue that a solid cam 427 is a good DD? ;)
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                            ... the lack of charging stations...
                            We eat out maybe once per year in town. I'd far rather cook what I want, and cook what I know won't make me be crippled up again. For some "why" the Cracker Barrel near the interstate has attracted us the past two times.

One day last year we pulled into the Cracker Barrel parking lot and they had three things over there by the curb . From a distance I thought they were car wash vacuum machines. I had to go look at them. Charging stations. I guess you have to put a card in them or something. I didn't study them for very long, but I was left pondering who would want to sit and eat at the Cracker Barrel for enough hours to charge the car long enough to get to the next unknown charging station a few miles down the road?

We went there again last week and those charging stations were gone.

Comment

A Tesla electric patrol car with the Fremont, California Police was forced to back off of a pursuit after the vehicle ran low on battery in the midst of the chase. 

Comment

Working...
                              X