No announcement yet.

Guess That Wound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yes, the hospital I was in was near a medical college, so the room was full of youngsters. Gang rape. Bit they put the monitor so I could gaze upon my guts on TV.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

I'm slowly coming back from LaLa Land - I seemed to have been out cold, not "waking sedation" which they administered for my prostate cancer prep before treatment (NOT pleasant and I remember every bit of it though they said I wouldn't). This was easy-peasy though ME had to drive. Probably the worst part was that they kept me up all night to deal with the prep if you catch my drift. My guess is that being up all night makes the patients more pliable once we get there. Anyhow, it's done but they found another polyp growing exactly where the last one had been so I get to do it all over again in 6 months - YIPPEE!

Dan

Comment

but if you were awake during a colonoscopy
        But I wasn't, so who cares?

Dan - why did they keep you up? To torture you? First time I've EVER heard of keeping them someone awake before a cleanout.
        Last edited by studemax; August 26, 2019, 02:44 PM.
        Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post

Dan - why did they keep you up? To torture you? First time I've EVER heard of keeping them someone awake before a cleanout.
          The prep specified that I take the last half of the prep solution (Miralax in Gatorade) 6 hours before I showed up at the clinic. So that put the administration of that solution at 1AM. Then the stuff had to come out so sleeping was not advisable. So all in all I had about 2-3 hours of sleep last night, in and around trips to the john and taking the stuff. Not a ton of fun.

Dan

Comment

The VA keeps you awake, gives you painkillers that allow you to stay lucid.

Comment

You want my doctors' number, Dan?
              Last edited by studemax; August 26, 2019, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Nah - but thanks for the offer. I have to do it again in 6 months so I'll schedule later so I can sleep.
                Dan

Comment

I think there's a misunderstanding of what Dan said - Dan was kept up by the stuff that give you to flush out your system, basically, there is no rest for those who have the runs. Pretty sure he wasn't awake during the procedure.... this is the closest I'm coming to why I know this - the doc was 'just finishing up' and I was starting to come out - he suggested I suck it up, I suggested something that's probably impossible* but I was going to give it a try on the doctor.... they gave me a bit more calming med.....

*IIRC a rectal-cranial-inversions using nothing but my boot on the doc to achieve that gymnastic feat.....
                  Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 27, 2019, 08:51 PM.
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

10-4 SBG! I didn't think my posts were that obtuse.

Dan

Comment

Not complaining one bit here, but Dan seems to be becoming the new PeeWee or at least picking up the slack. Good Job!

Comment

I think there's a misunderstanding of what Dan said.
                        No misunderstanding at my end. I offered my doc's number because he would actually let you get a good night's sleep before surgery... None of that 6 hour before showtime stuff.

Comment

Working...
                        X