Sad Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad Day

After 10 wonderful years we had to say goodby to our wonderful Standard Poodle Kingsford. A few days ago he stopped eating and after our Vet, Dr. Bradler (who loved him too) did her best it was clearly time to let him go. After he was euthanized she did a necropsy and found a tumor at the base of his esophagus that had spread to his liver so there was no saving him. Our hearts are heavy but we know we did the right thing.

Now little Andy will have to soldier on as the only dog. He seems confused right now as the humans' energy is wobbly but we'll get it together in a day or two.

Please hug your pups and give to your local shelter - those animals need it.

Dan

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2876.jpg Views:	1 Size:	133.6 KB ID:	1250424

Because there was so little contrast it was hard to get a good pic of his face but here's the best we have. So noble, for a Knucklehead.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2878.jpg Views:	1 Size:	111.4 KB ID:	1250425
    Last edited by DanStokes; August 27, 2019, 09:12 AM.

So sorry for your loss, Dan, Kingsford was a fixture here too.... he will be missed.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Sad to hear Dan.
      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

He was only 10. We thought we had a few more years with him.

Dan

Comment

Dang, so sorry to hear that Dan. Thoughts coming your way, I know that's tough. RIP Kingsford.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

so, so sorry to read this.

the ONLY drawback to dogs is that no matter
            how long they live, it isnt long enough. they
            always leave us too soon.

im pretty sure that dogs and moms are the
            only 2 creatures on the planet that love you
            more than they love themselves.
            Last edited by fatguyzinc; August 27, 2019, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Saddened to hear about Kingsford's battle, that nobody should have to experience ... he was one of us and will be missed.

UPDATE: Just gave Rascal a hug and he was warm & fuzzy, which made me feel good inside. I filled his favorite bone with peanut butter and he is one happy puppy !

Comment

Condolences Dan.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                  Saddened to hear about Kingsford's battle, that nobody should have to experience ... he was one of us and will be missed.

UPDATE: Just gave Rascal a hug and he was warm & fuzzy, which made me feel good inside. I filled his favorite bone with peanut butter and he is one happy puppy !
                  Good job, Steve. The best tribute to King and all the other doggos that have gone before us is to make sure the ones still here know that they are loved. Andy is getting a lot more loving than usual (and he usually gets a lot).

And thanks all for your kind thoughts. Anyone who says "It's just a dog" has never made a life with one.

Dan
                  Last edited by DanStokes; August 27, 2019, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Dan , I've been traveling . Just noticed this and am greatly saddened to hear this . He was the smartest dog I have ever had the pleasure of ru bing his head . There have been alot . Condolences from Key West .
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Hope you kids are having fun in the Keys. We're really going to miss that boy.

Dan

Comment

I am sorry for your loss, he will be missed!
                        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                        X