No announcement yet.

Nanny cars are hated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe make all young drivers only eligible for motorcycles for 2-4 years. Even drop the driving age to 14. All those kiddies on crotch rockets would then wake up everyone else to what is REALLY going on.
    Last edited by RockJustRock; August 28, 2019, 01:44 PM.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

I think people want to be 'safe' (whatever that means) and to feel the death of their loved one had meaning. You ask about buying a new car without the safety features - my 64 Buick wagon will be for sale after I finish it..... shouldn't cost more then a well-equipped Honda....

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
      Maybe make all young driver only eligible for motorcycles for 2-4 years. Even drop the driving age to 14. All those kiddies on crotch rockets would then wake up everyone else to what is REALLY going on.
      I'm in a mood today - yeah, think of it, a glut of organ donors....
      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 28, 2019, 01:13 PM.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
        Maybe make all young driver only eligible for motorcycles for 2-4 years....
        Well that would certainly reduce the enter level work force!
        If they can't be bothered to learn how to drive a car what chance would they have living through riding a motorcycle on the street?

Comment

I mean, we couldn't FORCE anyone to ride a motorcycle, but if they want to drive ANYTHING they would have to drive something where they are totally responsible for their well being. And if adults choose to drive irresponsibly they do it at the risk of slaughtering youth. Win-win. Almost as logical as SUVs as safety vehicles by shifting the odds of damage.
          Last edited by RockJustRock; August 28, 2019, 08:20 PM.
          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

my dads 2016 seems lack of nanny.. I must be missing something.

my 96 actually responds to those ebay miracle chips..
            anyway. if people decide to over rule it, they will.

Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I've got over 150,000 miles on road bikes.
              Seeing in the news people are getting run over on purpose because they are riding bikes.
              Then watched a young guy blast around a car at the bad intersection in town on a moped.. Tiny tires always on the brink of adhesion..Wearing?? Tshirt, bermuda shorts and flip flops..
              Too many bikes are just not seen anymore.
              Maybe the dirt bikes converted to street use? Sit taller in the saddle.

Comment

I am too cheap to have a car with that crap. Buy the time they get in my price range I am sure it will cause all kinds of maintenance issues.

My kids (5.5 and 2.5 years old) ask to drive now. I will let them sit in my lap going to the neighbors house in the subdivision occasionally.
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                  I am too cheap to have a car with that crap. Buy the time they get in my price range I am sure it will cause all kinds of maintenance issues.

My kids (5.5 and 2.5 years old) ask to drive now. I will let them sit in my lap going to the neighbors house in the subdivision occasionally.
                  in the 70s, AC was a 'cool' thing but when a seller advertised "AC blows cold" it really was something remarkable because they rarely went more then about 70k before major issues sidelined them... now? it's almost remarkable if there is a problem with the cabin cooling system - sure, accidents happen, but 300k and the AC still working isn't that rare.... there are many similar things like that, so I'm not sure I can agree with you that they won't work.... and with all that said, I junked a 2004 Denali because of its electrical issues.... point is things are usually a lot more reliable so who knows what will or won't work in 20 years....
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                  X