No announcement yet.

Jessi Combs killed in a LSR record attempt yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The NA Eagle wasn't a purpose built landspeed record car - built to be safe in a crash. It was a fighter jet with no wings and aluminum wheels. Lockheed didn't build the thing (for the US military) to be safe in a crash, and no effort was made to improve any aspect of safety on the machine after Ed Shadle got hold of it. Whoever was in the seat when it all went wrong was gonna be dead - no doubt about it.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Sorry, but.… SO WHAT! It COULD have broke more records. It did break records. A motorcycle goes really, really fast on not much gasoline. The wind feels great. You die more often but for many it is worth it. For Jessi and her crew it WAS worth it.
      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by malc View Post

I wondered why she was on a lake bed and not the salt flats.
        Kitty O Neil. From Wiki
        Land speed record
        Edit

In 1976 in southeastern Oregon's Alvord Desert, O'Neil set the land-speed record for female drivers. She piloted a $350,000 hydrogen peroxide powered three-wheeled rocket car built by Bill Fredrick called the “SMI Motivator”. It reached an average speed of 512.710 mph (825.127 km/h), with a peak speed of 621 miles per hour (999 km/h).

O'Neil's runs reportedly used 60% of the available thrust, and O'Neil estimated that she could have exceeded 700 miles per hour (1,100 km/h) with full power.[9][8][5][10]

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Donovan View Post

I worked crazy jets.. they won't ever be coming out of the junk. that generation is done.
          they make them look like they don't need big structure because the only risk in on landing and take off.
          and they want payload.

those LSR jets with 55k HP or whatever need to be damn near tanks to stay on earth
          I am also worried of the young cleetus mcfarlands project.

may she rest in peace and be an example
          I a glad he made a good decision
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Yeah , I just watched that one last night . Glad he called it off but 8f he hadn't, I would have watched .
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Sending her 2 way average to get the record...
              Hope it is approved...

Comment

Time to get back on my soapbox. I told some of you to stop that crap of guessing and blaming before the facts came in. Well, the facts came in and it was a wheel failure likely because it hit a rock. It had nothing to do with the airframe or the fact it was built out of an airplane. Of course you could apologize, but why? the damage is already done by blaming her and the people who built the LSR vehicle. My hope is those who play that blame and shame game take this opportunity to learn to shut the hell up when you don't have the facts.

Thank you

On Monday, investigators from the Harney County Sheriff’s Office released what they say caused Jessi Combs’ fatal crash on August 27th. According to the investigators, a mechanical fail...
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                  Time to get back on my soapbox. I told some of you to stop that crap of guessing and blaming before the facts came in. Well, the facts came in and it was a wheel failure likely because it hit a rock. It had nothing to do with the airframe or the fact it was built out of an airplane. Of course you could apologize, but why? the damage is already done by blaming her and the people who built the LSR vehicle. My hope is those who play that blame and shame game take this opportunity to learn to shut the hell up when you don't have the facts.

Thank you

https://www.powernationtv.com/post/i...OTjtxygTRlk2F4
                  The court of public opinion sadly, rules today.
                  Facts don't matter, and by the time they come out, everyone forgot about the event/story or just couldn't be bothered to publicly state they were dead wrong.
                  And many it seems that are huge in this type racing were very ,VERY!!! vocal about that vehicle and it's owner and running it.

Comment

Working...
                  X