Good news!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news!

Windy.com now shows Dorian NEVER making landfall. It will still be rough as the whole east coast sees it, but no direct landfall.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Would be great if it didn't..
    Friends near Tampa are prepping like crazy .
    He may have to stay on base at McDill, leaving his wife to fend for herself and their animals
    Hope it peters out!

Comment

Of course on the bad side Grand Bahama Island looks screwed.

Comment

It's still not clear if it'll come up the coast to us or not. We're keeping an eye on the weather but so far no active plans to bug out - but we will if necessary.

Dan

Comment

Yes I thought about that. As my family in Fla. was spared my friends in the Carolinas fell under the path. A few extreme high winds to rest out your home improvements. Hunker down.

Just realized the editor didn't pick up the link.

50+ weather layers, weather radar and satellite
          Last edited by RockJustRock; August 31, 2019, 12:01 PM.

Comment

That's a monster low pressure area up in the Aleutians........
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Don't forget the play button in the lower left corner to animate. I love Windy.

Comment

it has been warm.. it may cogwheel. that is my favorite hurricane.. we all get spared, and we all get something.

Click image for larger version

Name:	huurcoast.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	331.9 KB
ID:	1250702

I made this the other day from the gov site...
                it is all hurricanes that made it to maine .This is not counting the dozens and dozens of storms that are labelled TD (tropical depressions) after they claim it is not a hurricane anymore. Those too pack quite a drenching in our cold air.

anyway, here is to hoping right up the coast.

to me they are beautiful storms.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Category 2 now. Alabama will be spared. Although it could pick up again for now two medium sized islands in the Bahamas were enough to dissipate things. Movement has slowed from a previously slow 11 MPH to 2 MPH. At that rate it will get to Dan in November.

Comment

slowing down isn't a good thing, it's just the opposite....
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

It's bad for "there now", good for "not there yet" and opens the possibility of "may not ever get there". Aside from the linger factor we are way below Florence level for now.

Comment

We've made plans one way or the other. Wait and see.

Dan

Comment

Amazing to me how far it's changed frim a direct hit on Miami. Or Alabama.

Comment

Thunder, lightning, light rain and some increase in wind speed. Porches are cleared of stuff so as not to have to have it blowing away. We are under a tropical storm watch. Winds between 40 and 60 mph winds later this afternoon. The North Carolina coast will get hit much harder than this. We are out in the country about 10 miles south east of town. It will be interesting to see how the Cape Fear River fares under this storm. It has been very low lately due to the lack of rain, hopefully that means it will remain in its bank. Last time all bridges into town but one were closed.

Comment

Well, things have changed here. 35 mph wind according to weather (It looks like it out my window.) and really heavy rain for the last hour or so. Anybody heard from Dan lately. He is down on the coast that looks to be getting hammered pretty good. On top of this several places, not me, have gotten hit by tornadoes.

Comment

Working...
                              X