The Myrtle Beach Red Jeep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Myrtle Beach Red Jeep

This thing was the media STAR of Dorian.

Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep-story-11pm-vid.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	1251106

My hobby is needing a hobby.

I can't imagine how the heck they did that. There's been LOTS of warnings and the concept of driving your Jeep into the surf during an upcoming hurricane is - well - not too bright. Evidently everyone's OK but the Jeep will probably end up in a salvage yard. Worse then driving at Bonneville!

Dan

Comment

When I was a child in vacation travelling through the salt flats I saw a gentleman who apparently believed the front wheel drive in his new Eldorado would take him anywhere. He made it about 30 feet.

Comment

Maybe things have changed in the past 30 or so years, but I thought it was not legal to drive a car on the beach at Myrtle like you can at Daytona. It wafts of an insurance fraud to me, the story about the guy saying his cousin did it. It's fishy, pun intended.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Well they're using it to hype their website and sell swag now, so I'm sure there were no ulterior motives.

Comment

It reminds me of that Mustang parked in front of the lava flow in Hawaii.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lava Mustang.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	1251143
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Stupid is as stupid does, as the old saying goes. I hope in South Carolina you can sue a relative for the exact cost of a new Jeep, and I do mean new not used.

Comment

Working...
              X