Hauling your project...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hauling your project...

This didn't end well for somebodies 67 Chevelle. I have such a hard time understanding how this could happen?

https://komonews.com/news/local/vide...ens-across-i-5
    Last edited by ratpatrol66; September 10, 2019, 12:04 AM.

Either it wasn't tied down properly or the straps failed. I cross-tie any car on my trailer at both the back and the front. I wonder if they were counting on the Ebrake or maybe park to hold the car? Either way - FAIL!!!!! Sorry to see a nice car get hurt.

Dan

Comment

I saw that the other day. I'll bet he didn't have it tied down. I trailer the same way you do, Dan, and sometimes I screw chocks down around two tires.
      Last edited by oletrux4evr; September 10, 2019, 05:44 AM.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Steel deck car trailer here....open center between the ramps....cross tie and bind all loads... wheels or not...had a friend's project fall of of his own trailer in front of my house about 20 years ago.

Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

The thing that irks me is the driver of the camera car never touched his brakes.
          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Besides tie downs I have a back up security chain on the front just in case of a strap failure, also double check tie downs after I've driven a ways.
            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
              Either it wasn't tied down properly or the straps failed. I cross-tie any car on my trailer at both the back and the front. I wonder if they were counting on the Ebrake or maybe park to hold the car? Either way - FAIL!!!!! Sorry to see a nice car get hurt.

Dan
              Do the straps have date codes like a seat harness would?
              It seem to me if the sun could harm seat harnesses. That tie down straps that have oil/grease/ and sun damage would need to have a use up to date

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post

Do the straps have date codes like a seat harness would?
                It seem to me if the sun could harm seat harnesses. That tie down straps that have oil/grease/ and sun damage would need to have a use up to date
                Mine do not - at least I've never found any. I keep mine out of the sun when not in use and inspect them (pay attention to the stitching - that's what goes bad first) whenever I use them but they probably are up for replacement. A good reminder.

Dan

Comment

I use chains and binders. No give.

Comment

Amazing that is all of the damage done. It could have been much much worse.

Comment

Working...
                    X