Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we go.....

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Thanks Ed !

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
        Drag Week is not designed as a spectator sport, it's designed as a participant sport. So don't expect it to be quite as entertaining to watch, as it is to do

for example, this was really fun to watch as I was driving down the right side of the track (video should start at the right time, or a few seconds early)

Jim,
        Congratulations on another successful week and adventure.

Jason
        2011 Drag Week (unlimited) 5th place 10.89 avg.
        2012 Drag Week (unlimited) 5th place 10.55 avg.
        all time best 10.27 @ 127

Comment

IMHO Drag Week was designed to prove who had the fastest CAR in the street capable of weird road trips and not needing any support beyond gas, water, oil and tires it can carry. It seemed like fun so they added classes, finding the fastest CARS of each type. Of course the idea of a fastest car is to win races. Running things by class would probably cut the entertainment value in some ways because of dead spots and delays, but the runs would be more fun. You guys like to pair up anyway. The more I think about it I'm liking my idea of the extra tenth or more for a win light in class. A really good number made better by putting it to another car in your class. Maybe even keep it voluntary instead of forcing people to run by class. Face it, Finn deserved an extra tenth for that run he put in beside Jim. The turbo thing is just annoying. Some guys don't even ATTEMPT to have boost up for the green. I mean, sooner or later they will want to pit their car against another. If it's just the time slip they could do solo runs and it would be like, like, I don't know, LSR?
          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

And I still shudder at those guys pulling out of the shutdown with things like the Barnyard Viper aimed at them at full throttle. I think real racers don't stage with a car on the track, but there you go, real racers.

Comment

And for something REALLY weird, wouldn't it be fun for our Squirrel to show up at an LSR event? It could be with a LeMons style car or it would be a GREAT place to sort out the top end on the Barracuda! THAT might even bring PDub out of retirement if just as a spectator.

Straight axle car, drum brakes, 150, I guess it has been done, but...
              Last edited by RockJustRock; September 16, 2019, 11:35 AM.

Comment

And as the keyboards rev up, I'm not mad. I'm not throwing shade at Drag Week or participants. Just two suggestions for the driver's meeting. 1) Try to leave on green. 2) Don't final stage with cars on track. One slows the show down, the other tightens it up, a push.

Comment

The air was really good, I just ran fast. I could not turn in that slip because of my car only being teched to 10.0, so I made another pass, 10.08. I shifted early and let off to do that.
                  My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                    Super Street Small Block Power Adder and Pro Street Power Adder smoked EVERYONE except two Unlimited cars. Comments?
                    Last edited by RockJustRock; September 16, 2019, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                      The air was really good, I just ran fast. I could not turn in that slip because of my car only being teched to 10.0, so I made another pass, 10.08. I shifted early and let off to do that.
                      Was that unqualified time the Barracuda's best so far ?
                      Pretty impressive and nice driving too.

I'm curious as to which of your two gassers you enjoy driving more and why ?

Comment

Congrats Jim. I watched all week (I finally retired), and wondered if you used the 55 Suburban to tow with.....?
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I took the Chevy to Drag Week this year, not the Barracuda (it's apart and needs a bit of work). The 9.89 I ran Friday in the Chevy is the quickest any of my cars have ever been.

I sold the 56 suburban a couple years ago. I towed to Virginia and back with the "new" 2006 Tahoe I bought last fall. It had 154k miles when I got it, has 179k now. It's a nice soccer mom mobile..

My fabulous web page

Comment

Until you do dragweek don't complain about the reaction times. DF even said one day we are doing time trials not racing.

You spend hours in the lanes and you have an 8 hour road trip in front of you. RT does not count so why care. I don't want to risk red logging, so I normally wait until I see green then Rev the engine then dump clutch. Getting the best ET in one pass is the most important thing so you can get on the road, hang out with friends, watch the passes, if we had two hour drives I would be all for multiple passes and racing. The drive is such a big part of the race there is no room for RT
                            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

yeah, like I said it's set up for the guys racing, not for those poor folks who have to follow along on the webcast.

Hey it was fun staying up late talking with you Russell

My fabulous web page

Comment

The time on the link I posted shifted so I did a screen shot. Three cars on the track, two over 100 MPH. Still looks surreal to me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3car.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	1251561

Comment

Working...
                                X