No announcement yet.

Drag Week 2019 Live Streaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The other run I noticed, because NO I didn't watch all 5 days thinking of things to gripe about on Bangshift. These were both within 5 runs or so after Jim and Finn. And BTW in real racing red light qualifying times count. So if a turbo car hits peak boost early he could leave and still get a slip. Shorter drives? Why not? O.K., back to regularly scheduled Kumbaya.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2car.jpg Views:	1 Size:	314.7 KB ID:	1251563
    Last edited by RockJustRock; September 16, 2019, 10:26 PM.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
      yeah, like I said it's set up for the guys racing, not for those poor folks who have to follow along on the webcast.

Hey it was fun staying up late talking with you Russell
      It was fun, thanks trying to explain how things work

At other tracks I have rolled the beam / red light so early I didn't get a time.

I would be happy with shorter drives. But then it might not be a torture test and the sound bite of a thousand Miles sounds too good.
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

Now that I have defended my 1+ second RTs. It would not be that hard to encourage some racers to leave on green.

My frist idea would be to have another bracket race for the top eight that had the lowest RT. The problem with that is Friday is already so busy there's not really time for another bracket. The easiest thing to do would be to award the top three with the lowest average RT of the week. this is something I might would try to do because my car is too slow to be competitive in any class.
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
        ​​​​​​

Comment

There are two parts of Drag Week that do reward RT, that's the Street Machine Eliminator bracket race, and the stick shift shootout, at the end of the event.

I think the racers are content with the way things are. I sure don't want to make any more work for the staff that runs things. They are doing a great job as it is.

As far as cars still on the track....yeah, they were moving them through really fast. The turnoff is a long drive from the finish line at VMP, too. I didn't feel in any danger, we waited the normal time between runs, it just took longer for cars to get to the end of the shutdown area.

It does look scary from the webcast, though
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

The 100 MPH guys need to hold some speed if a track like that doesn't have a short turn off. The shut down area is NOT the return road. The way the camera lenses work amplified it, but still, there are some things that you should just never see. It's like handling a firearm.
            My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Working...
            X