Our New Rides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our New Rides

On the journey to "better," we've found that getting out and "doing" is far better than not. We've been walking 4 miles three times per week on the Cleveland Greenway, Unit on her hotrod walker and me unassisted.

That Greenway is a cool setup. One day we were met by a lady on a recumbent trike coming the other direction. WOW.....I could be pedaling again, and Unit with shaky balance could stay up on one of those. Well....

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010515.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	1251756

And we happen to already have the perfect hauler to haul them to the fun place.

Name:	P1010516.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	1251757

Fun. The racing stable gets larger but slower. These things, if you get to going down a hill, don't enjoy it. Brakes. Keep it coralled or it'll get scary and unstable if attempting any sort of a road course turn at speed. But in a straight line on smooth pavement with no more than gentle inclines...pedal, smile and enjoy the air and the scenery. And make VROOM race car sounds when you're sneaking up behind somebody walking along. That's the rule - let 'em know you're there and then pass on the left.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Good that you guys are getting out and about! Hope y'all get strong and content. You know I'm sending love your way.

Dan

Comment

fun stuff
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

You guys are winning! You are getting better by the grace of God! Thoughts and prayers for your continued recovery!
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Put some playing cards on the spokes so you don't need to make vroom vroom noises.....
          Patrick & Tammy

Comment

I am leery of recumbent bikes in traffic - I can't see, and no one can see me! A bike path makes much more sense. The problem in this town is most bike paths go under the many bridges..... where drug dealers and addicts, homeless crazies, general assorted ne'er-do-wells are lurking. Most serious bikers I know use public parks and carry a gun.
            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
              I am leery of recumbent bikes in traffic - I can't see, and no one can see me! A bike path makes much more sense. The problem in this town is most bike paths go under the many bridges..... where drug dealers and addicts, homeless crazies, general assorted ne'er-do-wells are lurking. Most serious bikers I know use public parks and carry a gun.
              There is a (para?). Fellow has no use of legs, Rides a bike for the Special Olympics, see him training on the bike path on a secondary road out of town, whole bike with him laid on it is only knee high. Yes he has a couple flags But is very hard to see!
              The wheels the 'Dubs have are much taller!

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                as a bicyclist - it makes me laugh when people say these things, to say I'm fit would be an understatement - druggies and whatnot pick on the weak....

don't even ask if I've done the same thing....
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                  Put some playing cards on the spokes so you don't need to make vroom vroom noises.....
                  Tree'ed ! Sounds great Pee Wee.!
                  Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                  If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Good for you guys! Fall weather will make it just about perfect.
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Now.... How do we make them faster? $5,500

Name:	ice19_VTX_blk.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	1251783
                      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

pdub getting healthy. wondering where he went

I quit smoking to try an approved vape about a month ago.
                        I learned I was a stomach smoker decades ago.. I am not missing an addiction or whatever that is.

I am in fear of an extreme bowel condition emerging.
                        I have an extreme carcinogen..it even odors out. (it is freakish) and a guess where it came from.
                        but anyway.. I am feeling more energetic appetite etc etc.
                        I am supposed to be dead by now.

I'd try a bike, but I'd get run over by a 800hp earthquake called a logging truck
                        I got a walking trail that locks up my foot before I can go the distance. Nice to be able to try anyway
                        Previously boxer3main
                        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

as a bicyclist - it makes me laugh when people say these things, to say I'm fit would be an understatement - druggies and whatnot pick on the weak....

don't even ask if I've done the same thing....
                          nice left
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Only just sayin.

Name:	Mirror 1.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	1251847

Name:	Following.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	1251848
                            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Working...
                              X