No announcement yet.

Our New Rides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like the scoots Pdub. Getting out and about always seems like the best therapy, no matter what ails. Glad to see.
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Do we need another story about me and (not) following directions? The directions that came with the trikes.....well, they were directions alright. Not really bad at all but as always incomplete in detail. Attach this to that. Okay. Easy. And then 4 steps later you see that ..oh crap I should have put "that" on there pointing the other way, so take it apart and turn it around and ....I can nearly say I built the first trike (my red one) twice.

There, done. Now to build Sue's silver one. It sure did go together quicker than the first one from what I had learned by error. Now I've got two identical tool kits and two instruction books, but in each of them there was something extra. An extra piece of paper not in the instruction booklet that said, oh by the way, on the rear wheels set the toe-in to be 1/4 to 3/4 of an inch and call us at 1-800 if you need us to guide you through this step.

Heck, there's the control rod with the barrel adjuster, who needs to call them? Adjust it, measure it, repeat several times, there. By the time I got to this on Sue's ride I was tired of building. I went with the first try, threw a tape measure on it, 1 inch. Heck this is no rocket ship and I don't know why they need toe-in anyhow. Tighten it and ride.

In about 40 miles the back tires were eaten off of Sue's trike. And I wondered why mine coasted downhill so much better than hers. Replace both rear tires, already. And fix the toe-in. I had forgotten how hard it is to seat tires with bad hands. But while we had the trike service shop all lit up, we might as well go for some custom lettering.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Trike Lift2.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	1253538

Click image for larger version

Name:	Retirement Racing.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	1253539

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

But it's cool that you've ridden enough to burn off the tires. If they had been sitting in the trike shop the tires would still be OK.

Dan

Comment

Working...
        X